How many hours to package car drivers typically work a week ?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Back in the day we would have one heavy day (usually Wednesday), one light day (usually Monday), and rest of the week was about average. Now you get hammered every day.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Back in the day we would have one heavy day (usually Wednesday), one light day (usually Monday), and rest of the week was about average. Now you get hammered every day.
Yes I agree, and I see people going home. God please bring back half days . They won't budge on that, instead our split routes consist of three different zip codes thrown on a swing driver that might know but one of them. How does anyone start delivering like that.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I used to get pissed off if I got home after 6pm, now you have to put in for an 8hr day to get home by that time... I live 15 min from hub

Last edited:

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I used to get pissed off if I got home after 6pm, now you have to put in for an 8hr day to get home by that time...
Cause it takes 45 minutes to get home. I sometimes have to eat dinner in the car on the way home so I can digest it before bed. I also take quite a bit of food with me for snack , lunch , and midday headache relief. When I made 5 to 10 hours bonus and sporh was 25 , life was good getting home around 6pm like a normal person making good money and not so exhausted.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I used to get pissed off if I got home after 6pm, now you have to put in for an 8hr day to get home by that time... I live 15 min from hub
It's a shame you have to use an eight hour request for something that starts at 7:00. I have to use an eight hour request to make it on time to watch my son's marching band's half time performance.

Yeah, I've got 15 FT in and only 15 left, 10 years from now my youngest will be out of 4 year college and that leaves me with 5. I'll take the last 5 years at UPS and relax, working just to pay the taxes on my investments and finishing up paying off the house, all the while traveling with the wife during my vacations. All of this are obviously best case scenarios.
Seemed like a minute ago,the youngest was being born. Now its the final year of college.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I had in for 8 hour days on both Thursday and Friday and was off the clock right about 5 both days. But getting home through rush hour traffic sucks. That's the one benefit of working later......getting a traffic free commute.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I was In a real hurry. I would take my wifes Hyundai. Not a sports car. but that little firecracker is fast.

My Pilot is in the body shop right now so I'm borrowing my mom's 2012 Honda Civic econobox. What a slug. My '91 CRX can outrun that turd. But i can't take the kids to daycare in the CRX (though I do sometimes ;))

salt

I am 5 months in and I work 45-55 hours a week. Most the routes at my building are industrial routes so they are controlled more by the pick up times and less by the stops on the truck but honestly this is one of the best jobs you can get with out a college degree so I am not complaining. Making .58 cents a minute on ot at top rate is good money if you ask me.