How many miles would you estimate drivers walk a day?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think 6 is about average....when I first started running a mall route I brought a pedometer with me and I did just over 6 miles on 2 floors of a mall :O

Upsgrunt is right: a pedometer serves no purpose for us. The bouncing you do in that truck adds up miles. For me, the constant shifting also added miles. You're welcome to try, but don't expect an accurate reading.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think 6 is about average....when I first started running a mall route I brought a pedometer with me and I did just over 6 miles on 2 floors of a mall :O
I kind of thought it was alot for me, I had a manual tranny then, so Im thinking the shaking did have a lot to do with it. I borrowed it from my loader just outta curiosity. My walks are mostly short, so I was thinking maybe 3 would be about right. Anyway it feels like 20 anymore, LOL

Paycheck

I actually tested a pedometer on preload for a entire week and at the end of the week had walked over 17 miles. Also I have worn one on my route and have ended up with anywhere from 3 to 8 miles. It really depends on what kind of route you are on city route usually less and rural/ house call usually more. But it always seem like when i am having a good day I always wind up with the worse shop I could have either in the middle of the day or the end, Murphy's Law I suppose.