How many "new hires" from last year's peak still work in your center?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by barbara_stanwyck, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets New Member

We're down to 2...
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I don't know about the insiders but we have a couple of drivers who are still here.
  3. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

1 preloader
  4. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

I'm the last one to stay in my center in the past two years.
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

1 or 2. I get why they do not stay though. We have very little turnover in my center, so a new hire is going to be an unloader for a long time.
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

None. All fired.
  7. klein

klein Für Meno :)

No worries. November is here soon. They hire for Xmas and fire by January again !
  8. hallerin

hallerin Member

They brought a tour in and saw me working fast. I bet they reconsidered.
  9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Never concerned me as they are all below me in seniority.
  10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Only two I know of UPS felt they were management material after running around in golf carts, both left. One of which didn't even give a notice about two months after the bump up. Was the closing sup one night and cleaned his stuff out, never to be heard from again.
  11. rod

rod retired and happy

Its the same old story---promise them full time work if they run like chickens with their heads cut off and then let 99.99 % of them go after peak. Happens every year.
  12. MC0493

MC0493 Active Member

Guess i could count myself as one, worked last peak and was hired back permanent in March. Quite a few others got in this way as well.
  13. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

I like meeting all the new chubby drivers. o_O

Just knowing they are going to be in pain and they don't even know brings joy to me :D

As for the original question. Not many since it's a revolving door during peak. Less than 3 drivers stay on