How many of you actually like your job?

mavs972

I hear many of the negatives about doing the job but what about the positives? I kind of hated it at first, but I have driven for 4 months (TCD) straight and starting to like it more. I'm 22 , so I'm the kid, but maybe I should try to go more after the cute girls in my route(same route for 4mo) while I'm still young. There's much to like besides the long hours and helping out.

thessalonian13

I hear many of the negatives about doing the job but what about the positives? I kind of hated it at first, but I have driven for 4 months (TCD) straight and starting to like it more. I'm 22 , so I'm the kid, but maybe I should try to go more after the cute girls in my route(same route for 4mo) while I'm still young. There's much to like besides the long hours and helping out.
After 21 years of driving, I can't wait to be done. I am seriously considering taking early pension. I will be almost 51 with 25 years of full time driving.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I enjoy my job but I hate the 15 - 20 hours of commute per week ... therefore I am retiring.

I would probably work another 5 years if I had a 15 minute or less 1-way commute

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a 10-15 minute one way commute. I cannot stand the micro managing by upper management. If a center is meeting it's goals, who cares how many stops per car or average paid day everyone is running. Let a center manager run their center as they see fit and only step in if it is not meeting it's goals.

The list of crap that I no longer care about grows every single day and this job is turning into a grind.

mavs972

I enjoy my job but I hate the 15 - 20 hours of commute per week ... therefore I am retiring.

I would probably work another 5 years if I had a 15 minute or less 1-way commute

I guess I'm lucky, my commute is 10-15 minutes with light traffic. It can suck at times but I just came back from the hub a few months and way better than bringing in 250$ checks, I'm averaging 1100 checks and would even consider a new c7 corvette if my driving had more job security, keep in mind that I don't have a mortgage nor kids so I can save.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Once upon a time, when center manager's could actually run their centers, on-cars could actually supervise and drivers could actually take care of their customers, I liked it a lot.

Not so much anymore.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm pretty guilty here. For the most part I still enjoy my job. Granted it's not near what it was 10-15 years ago but it's still a good job with good pay. An dI like the opportunity to provide a good service to people. I keep saying that if I can still do this even after my retirement age comes I will still do it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess I'm lucky, my commute is 10-15 minutes with light traffic. It can suck at times but I just came back from the hub a few months and way better than bringing in 250$ checks, I'm averaging 1100 checks and would even consider a new c7 corvette if my driving had more job security, keep in mind that I don't have a mortgage nor kids so I can save.

A bit of advice ... save enough to pay for it in cash.
If you still want it and writing out that check, do it.
I bought my last 6 vehicles with cash and every time, I bought less than I would have if I was making monthly payments.
And, you get lower prices sometimes if you pay cash. Let them know that up front.

packageguy

i always said if I did not like my job I would leave, I like what I do, there are days that are crazy, but it's part of the job. It is what it is...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It bites the big one over at FedEx Express. I use to feel real good about taking care of my customers but the company won't let us do that anymore.

I'm 22 , so I'm the kid, but maybe I should try to go more after the cute girls in my route(same route for 4mo) while I'm still young. There's much to like besides the long hours and helping out.

I said that 22 years of marriage and three kids ago. Have at it slugger.

TxRoadDawg

A bit of advice ... save enough to pay for it in cash.
If you still want it and writing out that check, do it.
I bought my last 6 vehicles with cash and every time, I bought less than I would have if I was making monthly payments.
And, you get lower prices sometimes if you pay cash. Let them know that up front.

Getcha one of those ZR-1 Vettes Hoaxster. that would cut your commute time in half I'd bet :)