How many of you actually like your job?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mavs972, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mavs972

mavs972 New Member

I hear many of the negatives about doing the job but what about the positives? I kind of hated it at first, but I have driven for 4 months (TCD) straight and starting to like it more. I'm 22 , so I'm the kid, but maybe I should try to go more after the cute girls in my route(same route for 4mo) while I'm still young. There's much to like besides the long hours and helping out.

2. instantK

instantK Member

i really enjoy my job when im driving home by 5-5:30.... i hate the job when im out till 7,8,9....

3. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

After 21 years of driving, I can't wait to be done. I am seriously considering taking early pension. I will be almost 51 with 25 years of full time driving.

4. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

Give it time; they will grind you into paste.

5. serenity now

serenity now Guest

i'm just proud to have a job * i used to be proud of this job *

6. mavs972

mavs972 New Member

7 is getting out early in my center, I never try to finish to early on purpose otherwise I will just get sent to help

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I am sending out resumes as we speak.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I enjoy my job but I hate the 15 - 20 hours of commute per week ... therefore I am retiring.

I would probably work another 5 years if I had a 15 minute or less 1-way commute

9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I have a 10-15 minute one way commute. I cannot stand the micro managing by upper management. If a center is meeting it's goals, who cares how many stops per car or average paid day everyone is running. Let a center manager run their center as they see fit and only step in if it is not meeting it's goals.

The list of crap that I no longer care about grows every single day and this job is turning into a grind.

10. mavs972

mavs972 New Member

I guess I'm lucky, my commute is 10-15 minutes with light traffic. It can suck at times but I just came back from the hub a few months and way better than bringing in 250$ checks, I'm averaging 1100 checks and would even consider a new c7 corvette if my driving had more job security, keep in mind that I don't have a mortgage nor kids so I can save.

11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Once upon a time, when center manager's could actually run their centers, on-cars could actually supervise and drivers could actually take care of their customers, I liked it a lot.

Not so much anymore.

12. ^^^^....This right here....^^^^

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I'm pretty guilty here. For the most part I still enjoy my job. Granted it's not near what it was 10-15 years ago but it's still a good job with good pay. An dI like the opportunity to provide a good service to people. I keep saying that if I can still do this even after my retirement age comes I will still do it.

14. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

A bit of advice ... save enough to pay for it in cash.
    If you still want it and writing out that check, do it.
    I bought my last 6 vehicles with cash and every time, I bought less than I would have if I was making monthly payments.
    And, you get lower prices sometimes if you pay cash. Let them know that up front.

15. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

cosmo1,

I really like my job.

Sincerely,
    I

16. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

i always said if I did not like my job I would leave, I like what I do, there are days that are crazy, but it's part of the job. It is what it is...

17. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

It bites the big one over at FedEx Express. I use to feel real good about taking care of my customers but the company won't let us do that anymore.

18. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I said that 22 years of marriage and three kids ago. Have at it slugger.

19. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

Getcha one of those ZR-1 Vettes Hoaxster. that would cut your commute time in half I'd bet :)

20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

La, di, da!