How many of you actually like your job?

Alleycar

I enjoy the job very much, but there are a couple things that are starting to wear on me. First, it never gets any better after you reach scale in 3ish years or so. Secondly, you screw yourself if you work hard. That is the one that really kills me. It is what it is I guess.

brownboxman

Loss of center level control, telematics, and wear on body joints is why I am leaving this year. When I started I was more like a free agent, got the job done, made customers happy. Now it feels like I have a tether on my truck. 6 months 4 days.

mavs972

Getcha one of those ZR-1 Vettes Hoaxster. that would cut your commute time in half I'd bet :)

I really want that new C7 corvette, maybe not at launch, I'm not willing to pay that extra 5000 mark up on release year. GM supplier discount if they offer it on 2014 vette

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-582x387.jpg
2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-582x387.jpg

iruhnman630

I don't mind the work, the good days and the bad ones balance out.

But unfortunately I can't say I love it.

The life, overall, I can't stand. Putting on the browns at 8 am and taking them off at 8 pm leaves little time for life outside of UPS.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

You guys complaining about "control" need to work inside, especially in a high profile operation like a major air hub...

I am passionate for my job, to the point that sometimes I don't even work (if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!)
I enjoy the challenge of UPS, and always try to win the game and beat my previous best.

I love the transportation industry, growing up a big train fan, which gradually progressed to the other forms. UPS is the largest single customer of American railroads, and I love that (even though ironically, heavy use of the railroads hurts UPS in competition with FedEx, as well as makes it more difficult to get into feeders, which I really want to do.)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I enjoy my job but I hate the 15 - 20 hours of commute per week ... therefore I am retiring.

I would probably work another 5 years if I had a 15 minute or less 1-way commute

Damn! That's a lot of your life wasted. One upside of my hours is minimal traffic, if any(except for all the drunks). 18-22 minutes a day each way is average for me. I've had worse jobs with betters hours. Can't gripe too much about the compensation. Best I've had by far.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really enjoy the job once I get out of the building. It's pays very good and to me that means a lot. I don't believe I have to love my work. I'm willing to do about anything for a good wage.

purplesky

I hear many of the negatives about doing the job but what about the positives? I kind of hated it at first, but I have driven for 4 months (TCD) straight and starting to like it more. I'm 22 , so I'm the kid, but maybe I should try to go more after the cute girls in my route(same route for 4mo) while I'm still young. There's much to like besides the long hours and helping out.

Do not date women on your route. I made that mistake more than once.:wink2:

DS

Fenderbender
I show up every day bright eyed and bushy tailed.
After the PCM I feel even better,I feel invigorated,and appreciated.:hamwheelsmilf:
I ultimately fail every day to live up to their expectations.
The job is not the problem,The silliness is.