How many of you actually like your job?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My part time job is great even therapeutic. After a full time job of nothing but pressure ,performace issues,and problems it is ok. There is something to be said for hard physical work . I do sympathize with the package drivers though , a very tough job that beats them up with less than understanding supervision. My hats off to those people !

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to love my job, I felt great working on my own and I enjoy working with the public. It has always been hard work, which never bothered me. Its just got ridiculous the last few years with all the stupid garbage we have to put up with in operations. The culture of the company changed for the worse since it went public, and ever since we went on PAS/EDD the daily grind has just gotten worse and worse. I'm tired of the increased workload the last couple of years, getting home past 8 PM is getting old. I turn 55 in May, lately I have been considering retiring early and find something to do that I enjoy.

He fills a job too!!Telematics tells what I do all day!! What does his FAT ASS DO ALL DAY!! They need drivers not over paid file clerks!!! Any monkey who uses a computer can do his job..Just tell him that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barnyard

KTM rider
Why exactly?

What if you accidentally bang a chick that turns out to be married??? What if the spouse then calls UPS and accuses you of boning on the clock.

Whose side do you think UPS will take????

The union will get your job back, but how long will it take????

Is that a chance you want to take??

'Lord Brown's bidding'

He fills a job too!!Telematics tells what I do all day!! What does his FAT ASS DO ALL DAY!! They need drivers not over paid file clerks!!! Any monkey who uses a computer can do his job..Just tell him that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, maybe an I.E. guy. Supes and our immediate mgrs are stuck between a rock (their clueless superiors) and a hard place (us who give em pain for coming to the PCM with crazy stuff-and they know it's crazy-that actually comes from their clueless superiors). Since I have learned this I appreciate them more-and I come from a background where I was supposed to respect those appointed to positions of authority, regardless of who they were or how they acted-so it really didnt matter to know.

mavs972

What if you accidentally bang a chick that turns out to be married??? What if the spouse then calls UPS and accuses you of boning on the clock.

Whose side do you think UPS will take????

The union will get your job back, but how long will it take????

Is that a chance you want to take??

Break lunch-- 15:00- 16:00. you can do whatever you want on your lunch. it's personal time as long as you don't drive over 2 miles, or so I heard.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I love my job at the airport. I hated most things at the hub, save for the friends and the consistent work pace. An air gateway or hub is seriously where it's at.....

I hate infringement from people who haven't a clue, and don't care to ask. But, seriously, I love my job. The people, the shift, specifics of what I do day to day...etc. When I first started at the airport after leaving a large hub, it felt like an elephant had stepped off my chest. I was suffocated in the hub, and felt like I could breath again. Job security is better for FT/PT sups in the air division as well due to very specific (and expensive) training. Morale is better than anywhere I've worked in the past. With the exception of one bad apple, this place is near perfect....

barnyard

KTM rider
Why exactly?

How about if you were to date a chick on route, break up, she decides she does not want to see you on route at her workplace and calls UPS and accuses you of harassing her while delivering. You could find yourself pulled from that route for a very long time.