How many of you actually like your job?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Gotcha! You feel as though You can come on to Brown Cafe and ask Us personal questions about our faiths, beliefs and work ethics, yet when one of Us asks a personal question about You, well, nada.

I, you have reached the point of irrelevance.

Ted
cosmo1,

?

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Cementups,

I am sorry that you do not like interacting with me on the online discussuon forum.

Sincerely,
I

107541534_medium_619c66.jpg
107541534_medium_619c66.jpg

raceanoncr

I absolutely LOVE my job. This is the best thing since dirt. What UPS has done for me is beyond description.

Been retired over 2 years now and my most pressing decision every day is which cocktail to have at night...or maybe afternoon...or maybe noon...or maybe brunch...

anonymous4

I am a PT peasant. Do I like my job? Some days, while others I remember I am still young, athletically talented and am "wasting" it on moving boxes to generate profits for a company in which I don't even own stock. I enjoy the people I've met inside, a lot are my type of people. Hard work is on equal footing with intellectual work in my book. You pay a different price and flex different muscle. I always get a kick out of people pushing themselves not because they have to but because they have no other option, it is just who they are as a human.

I need to laugh when I see people here say they don't deserve their pay. A sheep mentality at the core. Working an 8 hour+ day wearing yourself out physically versus crunching numbers at a desk after obtaining a BS in a field. If I was going for easy I'd pick the brain workout. Draining your body every single day is not an easy thing, yet you've been told all your life menial labor is not on par with academia. And you believe it. Everything is relative and the system is setup to hold one thing in higher regard than another just because. Brain muscle vs skeletal muscle, the brain has the ability to voice its opinion in the matter. It saddens me when I see some of you claim you don't deserve your pay because it doesn't require a degree. A lot of you will be physically broken men by the time you reach retirement. Just because society claims hard labor isn't on par with other endeavors doesn't make it true. Shadows and dust you ****ers, have some self respect.

As far as the union is concerned, the lack of merit to get ahead is not a positive in my opinion. It is a double-edged sword though, because without the union the brain muscles "above you" would tell you that you're worth **** and will be compensated like a pyramid builder because you're skill-less and they are superior.

Last edited by a moderator:

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Love my job, love working with my hands. Hate idiot drivers that cant seem to understand that you are driving a 20+ yr old piece of junk that rattles. There is a reason the company paints there trucks brown and the UPS shield on the side looks like a piece of corn.

TxRoadDawg

What if you accidentally bang a chick that turns out to be married??? What if the spouse then calls UPS and accuses you of boning on the clock.

Whose side do you think UPS will take????

The union will get your job back, but how long will it take????

Is that a chance you want to take??

Break lunch-- 15:00- 16:00. you can do whatever you want on your lunch. it's personal time as long as you don't drive over 2 miles, or so I heard.
wouldn't be the first time I heard of a driver taking a 5pm lunch parked at the local hotel. Telematics knows all lmao.

BrownArmy

Cementups,

I am sorry that you do not like interacting with me on the online discussuon forum.

Sincerely,
I

Don't be sorry I, because you're not really interacting with anyone on this online discussoun (sic) forum.

You're a weird, abstract, computer-program kind of troll.

But, you know, you're still trolling.

S

serenity now

Cementups,

Sincerely,
I

i don't think anyone likes interacting with you, at any time, for any reason
you misspelled discussion * been in the sauce again?

SN