How many of you are trying to leave?

overflowed

How many are trying to seriously leave Express? I am, and I have no qualms about why. We have no benefits anymore is the main reason. Our pay is lagging behind the whole country. "The economy is bad is why we can't give you a raise this year" is getting old. Last year when they didn't our station was already at 20% of volume year over year. You :censored2:ebirds think we can't see the difference in volume? My prediction is the economy seems to be back on track, everyone seems to be hiring, and I think Express is about to have a rude awakening within a year throughout the whole country. I'm not smacking the company, but we are losing multiple couriers weekly to other places. I will be gone within the year for sure if not sooner, and I hope management asks to sit down with me when I go. Not that it will make a difference.
What say you?

MAKAVELI

I think their rude awakening has already begun. Turnover is already high everywhere and it will get only worse as new hires quickly realize there is no future here.

UPS4Life

But would brown put a fedex courier on the road or in the warehouse for two years?
Well if it has anything to do with feeders I sure hope out on the road because the people we are hiring in feeders now should not be driving.... Not all just some. It seems we have a 100% hire rate if you can climb up and turn the key you're good enough! It's sad because they wonder why we have so many accident -_-

I personally wish since we are in such a demand for drivers and our list is all but exhausted make it well known during March & April since the list is exhausted no part timers will be eligible and go outside and try to find some quality drivers who want to work. I wasn't around for it but you hear drivers talk about how there use to be standards and everything had to be done perfect. That's far from where we are now.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bankrupt

I will be looking into finding out if I can get my children on some other insurance plan next yr. Many states have expanded Medicaid and offer discounted plans for children. Regretfully I didn't pursue that this year. Currently I'm 7k outta of pocket in medical this yr(not including paycheck deductions) By yrs end I expect to be out between 12-15k w the premiums. I will make around 45k this yr. I dream of finding relief for my medical expenses and giving my 2 wk notice on dec 1.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
That is just sad, Bankrupt. And what's even sadder is I'm certain there are many many other stories out there just like yours. In fact most of us are just a serious illness or accident away from being in your shoes

But take heart in knowing that at least Fred and his cronies can sleep soundly at night, secure in the knowledge that they'll never have such worries. In fact the only thing that keeps them lying awake nights is their tireless planning and scheming of new ways to hose us over so that they can retain even more money in their ever-burgeoning bank accounts.

Best of luck to you. I hope your dream comes true.

CJinx

The possible impending implosion doesn't make you nervous in the least?
Every few months someone claims on these forums that the sky is falling. Despite all the doom speaking that goes on, we're all still here.

The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of all freight will get delivered on time, major carriers will catch some flak from the media over what doesn't get delivered on time, and then it's back to business as usual once the media finds something else to get outraged about.

oldngray

nowhere special
implosion?
Kingdome+Explosion.gif

bbsam

Staff member
The possible impending implosion doesn't make you nervous in the least?
No. The more Ground drivers that leave for Express simply makes my point to the company and eventually they do become reasonable. Or not. My problems and those of my fellow contractors are also those of the company. When they decide it's time to act, they will. Getting rid of me won't solve the issue and they know it.

STFXG

Can't wait to see how peak goes. Guys in our building are having a nightmare of a time finding temps to run. I was already asked if I wanted to help cover an area 70 miles away from mine. I laughed and said I have enough capacity to cover my own areas. Not my problemo!

Some can't even find drivers for full time positions. When I told them to stop being so cheap they scoffed at me. I've had 4 drivers in the building come to me and ask if I had any open positions and to let them know when I do.

SmithBarney

If I didn't know anybetter, I'd think that I wrote this... exactly how I'm feeling and a measly 2% raise is a slap in the face

How many are trying to seriously leave Express? I am, and I have no qualms about why. We have no benefits anymore is the main reason. Our pay is lagging behind the whole country. "The economy is bad is why we can't give you a raise this year" is getting old. Last year when they didn't our station was already at 20% of volume year over year. You :censored2:ebirds think we can't see the difference in volume? My prediction is the economy seems to be back on track, everyone seems to be hiring, and I think Express is about to have a rude awakening within a year throughout the whole country. I'm not smacking the company, but we are losing multiple couriers weekly to other places. I will be gone within the year for sure if not sooner, and I hope management asks to sit down with me when I go. Not that it will make a difference.
What say you?

DontThrowPackages

Guy at our station has been there for about 8 years and really didn't like his raise percentage and said after Christmas peak he would be leaving. He went from for being a floater to taking a route nobody wanted. He said, its the last straw.

Bankrupt

I am seriously considering leaving before peak. I just need to find alternative health insurance for next year. I have a child who receives regular medical treatments. His 1st treatment this year maxed us out on our outta pocket costs.($3600) I would stay here and be relatively happy if all I had to pay was that. Unfortunately I've had other expenses with myself, husband and other children which has sent our share costs threw the roof. My son is covered threw the year which is why im still here now instead of waitng tables at outback and getting obamacare

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hey if you're gonna quit do it right before peak. As crappy as they've treated us, they've more than earned it.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I am seriously considering leaving before peak. I just need to find alternative health insurance for next year. I have a child who receives regular medical treatments. His 1st treatment this year maxed us out on our outta pocket costs.($3600) I would stay here and be relatively happy if all I had to pay was that. Unfortunately I've had other expenses with myself, husband and other children which has sent our share costs threw the roof. My son is covered threw the year which is why im still here now instead of waitng tables at outback and getting obamacare

Sent using BrownCafe App

Not sure what state you are in, but you may be eligible for reduced child, medical care.
Each state is different and with the budget cuts, some states can't afford it. Don't be ashamed to get Medicaid; it's not a "handout", but a "handup" till you can do better.