How many of you are?.....

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by thedownhillEXPRESS, Jan 5, 2014.

1. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Hiding inside with your family, staying away from anything sharp or that might burn you because you are scared to be bankrupted by Fedex's new healthcare plan?
    Maybe we can all share some tips on how not to get sick, lol....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. 5yearsleft

5yearsleft Member

I'm thinking most things will now be under "workers comp". Strained shoulders, backs, knees that I used to see my own doctor for (because the workers comp Drs were asses) will now be billed to the company.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Been sick with flu and congestion. Im afraid to go to the doctor because of the the deductible

4. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Might as well use that $400 hra.

5. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Guess that's what I will do.

6. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Exactly what they want. Our plan is basically worthless, and FedEx will save millions by people being afraid to use their "coverage". Just call-in sick.

7. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I'm hiding inside cause of the cold and ice... be careful out there, I'm enjoying the warmth of a vacation INSIDE, can't afford to actually leave town.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We call those "stay"cations here.

I'll be your wife has enough chores to keep you busy all week.

9. Keystone

Keystone Member

We call those honey do's

10. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

my wife has real ins. opted out of fedex bs

11. cancan

cancan Member

Use the HRA. I'm thinking it was just a transitional move anyways. They said it rolls over but I have the feeling the HRA will be disappearing in the next 1 to 3 years. I think it was just a move to lubricate us into the new high deductible plan. At least this is the impression I got from our Managing Director by the vague answers I got to my questions. Which were very similar to the answers I got about our mid level pay raises a couple years back. He said he hopes the the company will have money to continue this benefit into the future. Which we can remember from the mid level pay raises. They were a one off to appease a growing union sentiment.

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

How could they not have the money? The screwing the new health plan represents will save them millions every year. What we really have is an insurance "plan" we cannot use. The pittance FedEx provides as an offset is nothing but a small amount of anal lubricant which will quickly dissolve and leave the employee responsible for almost everything.

13. ..... And based on the pulled muscle I had on Friday while doing 135 stops, the anal lube is not working!