How many of you drivers...

When my number came up for feeder I pushed down a little old lady and a handicapped orphan running out the door. Haven't looked back yet.
I know by your posts that in the real world you would never do this but I'm sure that's how you felt when it was finally your turn to get out of package car hell. Good for you your body thanks you for it

brownrod

Every driver in my center could have been a feeder driver. Two of our feeder drivers were never package drivers and became feeder straight from pt due to lack of interest from full time drivers. I have a CDL and I don't want to be a feeder driver. The hours suck. The routes suck. Not interested. There is one particular feeder route I like (5 pm start time. starts out moving trailers locally from businesses to ups) but it would take too long to get enough seniority to get that route if I ever could.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I will bid feeders when one of the two day runs open up. One run is currently held by a driver with plus 40 yrs in. He started with ups before I was born. It took him 35yrs to get the best job at UPS and he's not give it up soon, even though if he retired he would probably make more dollars.

OptimusPrime

Only two weeks out of my 30 days, but plan on signing any and all feeder positions. My only worry is becoming a beached whale. Funny story. Car was broke down, and my father took me to work. A group of feeder drivers were walking out. The four of them probably went 1200 pounds combined. My father asked "Wtf? Those guys are drivers?". Had to explain feeders vs PC. lol.

feeder05

I have been in feeders going on 8 years and have not regretted it once. I saw more of my kids and saw my son play every inning of every baseball game he played since he was 12 years old through high school. Yes we have to deal with extreme weather conditions and handling of larger equipment...but no regrets. The only time management says anything to me about production is usually about on property time...oh well. I've told anybody who asked me about feeder is try it, what do you have to lose. Remember: Your worst day in feeder beats your best day in packages.

rushfan

I've been in Feeders for a while. It is a volitile department as far as the shifts go. You have to deal with schedule changes/run changes. I've been bumped around a bit. My wife got upset that my schedule changed. She was upset when I was in package working many hours. Sure I lack sleep sometimes, but I s-ee more of the children's school/extra curricular activities than I did in package.

As far as diet goes, I eat better in feeder than I did in package. I knew I could "run it off" in package.

Driving in snow: I would rather drive in the snow in feeders than in package. Yes, I've had the trailers slide, back trailer move on me during icy conditions. The cure for that was slow down.

I do miss my package customers but sure as hell don't miss the work.

We do need to get some of the guys to retire...come on...40 years working...retire, enjoy the things that you have.

overallowed

I am in my upper 50's and have been in feeders for a few months. I have not gained any weight, but haven't lost any either. My knees don't bother me nearly as much. I sleep better, probably because of less stress. I wish I had done this over a decade ago, as I hada chance to do it then and didn't, for the same reasons many have listed here. I miss some of my customers on my package route, but life goes on. I like my job again, so that is worth something to me, since I have to live it.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
There are some good things about feeders but I missed my Friday nights and Saturday sleep late days. If you can get a start time around 1-3pm then your off the clock by 11pm - 1am and can go home and still sleep at night. But those start times at 7-9:30pm ouch...forgettaboutit,

You also get fat too.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Its pretty simple, not everyone ones to drive an 18 wheeler. I dont. And not everyone likes working nights, I would be fine with that part.