How many on area observations in one week is harrasment?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would file for ART 37-harassment and over-supervision. Its one thing if they have a specific reason or concern about your job performance, but if all they are trying to do is meet some quota in order to justify their jobs then it is BS. At the very least, it might encourage them to find someone else to harass.

Mick32

I know that we are asked to do an observation on each driver at least once a quarter. 5 times a week seems a bit excessive, to say the least.

I have had 5 in one week but only one supervisor has reviewed with me. Opinions?

I would of told the manager that he's harassing me right to his face the 2nd time I was followed that week. I would then file a grievance and continue to file them everyday I get stalked on road that week. That's just me though and I'm a troublemaker/bad employee.....sooooo don't take my advice.

UPSSOCKS

I would file for ART 37-harassment and over-supervision. Its one thing if they have a specific reason or concern about your job performance, but if all they are trying to do is meet some quota in order to justify their jobs then it is BS. At the very least, it might encourage them to find someone else to harass.

Yeah and that will work... Labor laughs at those, and the union can't do anything about it... Why don't you give him good advice... I will give you good advice.. Ready.. Ignore the supervisor and do the job correctly... Nobody in managent is allowed to turn in an multiple oberservations with perfect scores. It looks like a paper job and that is a no no... Do everything right and eventually they will give up...

Your Welcome

Yeah and that will work... Labor laughs at those, and the union can't do anything about it... Why don't you give him good advice... I will give you good advice.. Ready.. Ignore the supervisor and do the job correctly... Nobody in managent is allowed to turn in an multiple oberservations with perfect scores. It looks like a paper job and that is a no no... Do everything right and eventually they will give up...

Your Welcome

Labor can laugh all they want, the UPS legal team will be crying later. Grievances are nothing more than a way to permanently document things between the employee and the employer. I'm sorry you don't understand that little P/T unload sup.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I like to mess around with them but in a completely safe way. Our on-cars usually wait till after 12:00 or so to follow us, allowing us time to do our airs, get off most of our businesses and get into residential neighborhoods where they know that some drivers tend to get a little lax in their methods.
The one thing I always absolutely always do is check my mirrors, so if I am being followed it takes all of about 10 seconds for me to notice. When I do notice them, I'll immediately pull over and start my lunch (ahh, the benefits of brown-bagging it) providing it's within the time-range we are allowed by contract. The first thing I do on lunch is send out a mass-text to everyone delivering within the same municipality as me (as they like to concentrate on one specific town per day), and all the text says is "do the right thing".

NHDRVR

I don't know of any driver, ever, that had 5 on-road observations in a week. I also have no idea what kind of driver you are, ie; a lunch runner, bad DR's, too many DFU's, or maybe you are completely off the radar (the best way to be, IMO). But, 5 of these observations simply say that you are popping up on some paperwork and your on-road has a bit of free time on his/her hands.

Have you been a bit loose with your lunch/break times in your DIAD? That could be it...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
To the best of my knowledge, I have only had one observation in 26 years. And that was a little over a month ago after I broke a mirror on a magnolia limb. I noticed a black pickup following me, it turned out to be my supervisor. He gigged me claiming that he could see me looking in my mirrors and it took me 12 seconds one time........Once I was sitting in the office going over some paper work with another supervisor. I said something to him when I noticed my signature was forged on a bunch of the reports.......hmmm.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I would of told the manager that he's harassing me right to his face the 2nd time I was followed that week. I would then file a grievance and continue to file them everyday I get stalked on road that week. That's just me though and I'm a troublemaker/bad employee.....sooooo don't take my advice.

that response does not really sound like a troublemaker to me as much as a cry baby. You're really playing into their hands with this kind of response.

tieguy

Banned
Labor can laugh all they want, the UPS legal team will be crying later. Grievances are nothing more than a way to permanently document things between the employee and the employer. I'm sorry you don't understand that little P/T unload sup.

Grievances filed like you file them make it look like the little p/t sup got your goat.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Because we can observe you as many times as we want......

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Because we can observe you as many times as we want......

I agree with this. However, it's the length of time that would constitute the harrassment, in my book anyway. Not that the book is right :D