How many other guys out there have a 2 truck route?

dropNbolt

I leave the hub with 3-10 NDA and 200+ pcs for a bulk stop, then return for my 2nd truck with 95-120 stops each day. Anyone else out there do a similar route ?

johnny_hotdog

I cover one from time to time. Take out a big truck first with alot of bulky bisinesses and then get 2nd truck usually full of resis, not to bad a route actually.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to have a route that would do a few hours of in town work, come back and pick up his second truck to do the rural part of his route. We called him "Two Truck Charlie", even though his name is Barry.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most people like 2 trucks if it is set up correctly. Take out a bigger truck to deliver bulk stops then deliver residentials in a smaller truck. Better loads and not fighting bulk or working around your residential stops. The only down side I saw was sometimes getting stuck running LIB's when you go back to switch trucks.

S

selfcancelsignal

170-500 for stop one, 18-50 "big ones" for another, & during the fall, 20-80 for a third customer out of a straight truck, then 90-120 business & resi stops & 38-40 pickups out of a 700. Really like being home by 6:15 most days with full lunch & no running & gunning. Package car air & bulk is a pain from time to time (especially if there's late air or the sort doesn't wrap up on time) + it's a training route, but I don't mind doing coverage either (like right now) so win win.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We got a couple like that, years ago they sent a guy out blind and somehow no one told him it was a 2 truck route so he rolls back in about 1830..

"How'd it go out there?"
"Not too bad"
"That second truck come off pretty easy?"
"What?"

Center manager got a couple days off for that one...

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We have three

One runs SSIs and bulk in a p7 and then comes back for a 12 for the rest of the day

One runs air and bulk out of a 24 footer and then comes back for a bricked out 1000

Then we have one who empties a 12 by noon then comes back for his p57 full of resi stops and then comes back for his empty 12 to do pick ups

His route is the route our building is on so he's close

barnyard

KTM rider
We have 3 in my building. All 3 start 40 minutes early, deliver a bulk stop, EAMs if there are any near their bulk stop and come back to the building to get their 2nd truck. Most of the time they are back and leave about the same time the rest of the building is leaving.

El Correcto

god is dead
I got to cover a 2 truck route was awesome. I only took the bulk van and would ride around getting peoples airs and pickups they couldn't make.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our center has one that runs 3 bulk stops to the mall then comes back for the second car which has the rest of the mall and some resies. And some days when Barnes and Noble is heavy, that driver takes a separate car to deliver that.

iruhnman630

I run one often...1st car is approx 30 stops / 300 pkgs commercial, 2nd is 90-120 resi.

Our center also has a new outlet mall that is on a 2 car route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope. I can barely get the 65 stop monster I have done. Why on earth would anyone want to to two trucks???

Routes that double trip are generally close to the center and it is easier to load the stops on 2 cars rather than shove them all in to one.

Our mall route generally has a TP-60 for heavier days; however, our bid driver is out with a blown knee and the cover driver has not been trailer certified, so they throw the overflow in to a smaller pkg car.