How many packages do you miss per week?

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
At our center the preload does not have enough time or they just don't care. I have misloads almost everyday. Sometimes the sups come get them and sometimes they don't. I always say I'll deliver them, but since I'm on the 9.5 list and overdispatched everyday they tell me to sheet them as missed instead of going over 9.5.

I was wondering if this happens at other centers as much as it happens at ours. I miss around 3 a week. You have to think how much service is suffering if this happens nationwide. The monkeys in IE are going to ruin the reputation of service at UPS. If every driver is missing 3 pkgs a week that must be a huge nationwide number in missed service.

This is happening in FL, anywhere else?

nocturnalbuck

i was missing 3 pkgs and i had one misload from another route that i couldn't make before closure. so 4 today. i feel bad for our preloader who is relatively new. they are having her load 180 or more stops into a p-57 including 3-4 dump stops. impossible. i was on that route all last week and I had to return to building to reload the blowout everyday. from what i heard they never really trained her after first day.

I always say I won't run them for the same reason you just mentioned. I'm on the nine five list and won't go over unless they force me. If they do force me, I file. I have at least five misloads a week. They almost never come to get them.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's not just your preload. Ours is at the bottom of the list. They aren't given enough time to do the job correctly. Period. Avon day comes and "oops, forgot avon day comes every other Wednesday", like they forget Peak comes every year. They don't start them earlier when they have more volume. They rush them out the door just to make that almighty number. Having to scan the misloads is a pain and I don't like that you are, basically, ratting out your preloader, but the hub finally sees how many misloads we really have. Tons. If a certain sup loads for you because they are short, count on-at least- 10. Per car. Seriously.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
If only Jim Casey knew what was going on with his company he would be rolling over in his grave. I fear for the health and reputation of our once proud and service oriented business.

The clowns running the show now are going to destroy the reputation we took so long to build.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
1-5 per day.
I had 2 yesterday and since it was perfect service Monday I was instructed to run them, got an extra 15 miles out of it.

CAFAL

Ugh! Got rid of 10 last week. New loader. Normal was on vacation. I helped the kid out as much as I could. We are down a belt sup and I know he wasn't taught any methods. I told him that if he survived the set,he had nothing to worry about. My normal loader is an article 22, averages one ml a month. I always take care of it.

bumped

I average 8-10 a week. On days where I have more than 3 an air driver will come and shuttle them to the drivers they're suppose to go to.

There have always been misloads. It was just easier to hide them years ago.

Buck Fifty

It's not just your preload. Ours is at the bottom of the list. They aren't given enough time to do the job correctly. Period. Avon day comes and "oops, forgot avon day comes every other Wednesday", like they forget Peak comes every year. They don't start them earlier when they have more volume. They rush them out the door just to make that almighty number. Having to scan the misloads is a pain and I don't like that you are, basically, ratting out your preloader, but the hub finally sees how many misloads we really have. Tons. If a certain sup loads for you because they are short, count on-at least- 10. Per car. Seriously.

And you can also count on a grievance for the time he worked , Right !

S

speeddemon

I don't miss any. However my preloader misses the 10 or so packages he misloads in my loop everyday.

laffter

Yesterday, my center had ~40 misloads. On a really busy day, we may have about 150 trucks dispatched. Yesterday we would have had less. I'm not sure if 40 is considered a lot for a center this size.

Unfortunately, 3 of those were mine. I guess I had a bad day. I didn't have any all last week.

Macbrother

We have usually 50-55 dispatched and average 3-5 misloads per day, I'd say 40 is a pretty big number even for your size. Our worst days we might have 10-12 though so you could've had just a really bad day.