How many packages do you miss per week?

barnyard

KTM rider
I have not had any misloads in my truck (knocking furiously on wood), but I have been missing 2-3 pieces per week. We had a PCM the other day to sheet misloads as soon as they are found because in the morning, we have air drivers available to run them to the correct driver and to keep someone from looking through their truck for a package that is not there.

The center manager also added that right now, misloads are at an all-time high.

thessalonian13

At our center the preload does not have enough time or they just don't care. I have misloads almost everyday. Sometimes the sups come get them and sometimes they don't. I always say I'll deliver them, but since I'm on the 9.5 list and overdispatched everyday they tell me to sheet them as missed instead of going over 9.5.

I was wondering if this happens at other centers as much as it happens at ours. I miss around 3 a week. You have to think how much service is suffering if this happens nationwide. The monkeys in IE are going to ruin the reputation of service at UPS. If every driver is missing 3 pkgs a week that must be a huge nationwide number in missed service.

This is happening in FL, anywhere else?
I had 163 missed pieces last year. This year management making effort to get everything delivered every day. Usually we have 1 or 2 missed pieces in our center every day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had 163 missed pieces last year.

This is the issue I have when asked to sheet a misload as missed. I did not miss the package so why am I being asked to sheet it as missed only to have them come back in January 2013 and say that I missed x amount of packages. I also have an issue with sheeting damages as missed for the same reasons. A missed package to me is one that I did not attempt service on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is the issue I have when asked to sheet a misload as missed. I did not miss the package so why am I being asked to sheet it as missed only to have them come back in January 2013 and say that I missed x amount of packages. I also have an issue with sheeting damages as missed for the same reasons. A missed package to me is one that I did not attempt service on.

I'm not sure why you care under those circumstances?
If you are really concerned over be accountable for those packages; keep a small notebook with dates, tracking numbers, and why.
I never will as I am too busy documenting their shortcomings.
It can be quite lucrative.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not sure why you care under those circumstances?
If you are really concerned over be accountable for those packages; keep a small notebook with dates, tracking numbers, and why.
I never will as I am too busy documenting their shortcomings.
It can be quite lucrative.

I am not that concerned about it.

Remember when we had TLA's and they would review your performance for the preceding year? This is what I was referring to---saying that you have x amount of missed while in fact you had far fewer, if any.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I couldn't agree with you more. It also irritates the hell out of me when I get an ODS that I missed (misdelivered, usually) a package and I didn't even deliver it to begin with. :angry:

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Anyone care to take a stab at the number of missed packages we have a day. Let's say a driver misses 3-5 per week. How many drivers are there in the US?

Guesses?

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I haven't had a missed pkg for some time. Work in an area that is really tight. Had 3 misloads this week, an all time high for my p/l whose the best I've since I've been driving. Ran the misloads off, no problem.

top dollar

Our center team tells us not to sheet them bring them in to the office, the OMS sheets them as not in or whatever keeps the center clean! And management screams I integrity. They have no integrity, I have pictures of the messages and the packages that they say to bring in! Just In case someday they want to get me, I have an ace in my pocket! And we have 4 centers in my building and as far as I know two centers practice this!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Our center team tells us not to sheet them bring them in to the office, the OMS sheets them as not in or whatever keeps the center clean! And management screams I integrity. They have no integrity, I have pictures of the messages and the packages that they say to bring in! Just In case someday they want to get me, I have an ace in my pocket! And we have 4 centers in my building and as far as I know two centers practice this!
Get with your BA and address this with him/her to have a partner in case something goes down. Pictures are great but letting someone else know of authority that you're being told to do something dishonest (to the paying customer) is always a good idea.