How many permanent routes and cover/swing drivers are in your center?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Grey Matter, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Grey

Grey Active Member

Our hub has 3 centers and our specific center has around 60 routes and 30+ swingers. For the building in guessing it's triple that. Major city in the SW.
  2. mdnj88

mdnj88 Active Member

3 centers. 35-45 routes each average. My center has about 15 cover drivers
  3. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

2 centers, about 40 routes give or take, each. Probably 12-18 covers.
  4. A lot, that's for sure, but not nearly enough. We would all enjoy shorter days if there were more permanent routes in place.
  5. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

We don't any swing drivers available when you want a day off.
  6. Grey

Grey Active Member

That sounds nice. Maybe 5-6 routes up for vacation bids per week so only 10 or so swing drivers come to work not knowing where they'll be.
  7. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Dang those are low route counts per center we run 2 centers on averages 75 to 80 routes and other does 65ish
  8. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

My center runs about 43 routes on an average day. 10-12 of them are cover drivers each day. 7 or 8 vacations each week, option days off and call outs always has those cover drivers on.

Yours are good size centers with those route counts. My center covers a radius of about 17 miles. Pretty densely populated throughout a lot of it. How much area does a center like yours cover?
  9. fres431

fres431 Active Member

We have 3 satelite locations we cover almost 3 counties we process 36to40k in our building between 2 centers
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

On an average day we put 26 routes on road. The number drops to as low as 22 on Monday and as high as 30 during Amazon Prime week.
  11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

IIRC, my old center covered an area about half again as big as Rhode Island.

45-60 routes except at peak, when it would blow up.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

Rhode Island is only 1 hour wide and 2 hours long.
  13. JL 0513

Yes, there's actually single towns/cities in the US almost the size of RI, such as Jacksonville, FL.
  14. Well aren't you just a treasure-trove of information!
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Depends on the volume. In the southern supplement most routes that were split routes before the new contract have to be put up for bid now.
  16. Why so serious

Why so serious Active Member

Heck. We can't get our swing drivers to show up. At home playing Xbox.
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

I was born there.
  18. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

One building, two centers, 120+ routes, too many cover drivers to count.

Forty square-mile delivery area?
  19. JL 0513

In my building, every cover driver works everyday. The seniority guys take tons of days off. We have some that take every Monday off.
  20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Yep, and the area covered by my old center was larger. Actually, the county I live in is larger.