How many pkgs per day does UPS handle?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by soberups, Aug 26, 2008.

1. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown KoolAid

Quick question...how many packages per day do we handle nationwide on average....and how many do we do on the heaviest day during peak?
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Be it known, I found out a little secret. UPS actually on handles 47 packages. it's the same damn packages everyday. After you deliver them, tehy go and pick them up and recirculate them back in the system. I know it seems lilke more but it's all in the mirrors.
  3. drewed

drewed Shankman

about 12-14mil average day i think peak day last yr we did 19?
  4. Photog

Photog The Rollator Moderator Staff Member

UPS Press release

15.8 million packages and documents - 2007 average daily

During the 2007 peak holiday shipping season, deliveries exceeded 20 million packages on five consecutive days and 22 million packages on two days.
  5. rjoker

rjoker New Member

Do you know how many packages are sent to Puerto Rico on any given day?? Thanks!
  6. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

The answer...simply put would be...A LOT lol
  7. Why do you want to know ? Doing a little trolling ?
  8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Depends on whether we`re wearing boxers or briefs.
  9. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I try not to handle my package while at work.
  10. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Yet, we handle any, and everyone's package, for a price.
    ....Hummmmm........
    What does that make us?
  11. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

If you charge a fee, then you are a professional. If you do it for free, then it's just for pleasure.
  12. clueless

clueless New Member

13. island1fox

island1fox Well-Known Member

:happy2:

:happy2:
    Two very related but much more important questions ?
    What is the avg rev per pc and the avg cost per pc on average and then peak ?
  14. clueless

clueless New Member

Average revenue per piece in the MRQ reported (which was the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2009) was $8.60 on a domestic basis, $9.90 on a consolidated basis (domestic & international). Once the 10-K is filed, the numbers for peak can be approximately derived.
  15. pkgman001

pkgman001 New Member

According to the link, the average revenue per piece for a US Ground package is $8.60. The actual revenue would depend on the average zone and weight. I know that the average weight for a ground package used to be 13 or 14 pounds, but that was years ago. With all of the resi, it may be less now.
  16. clueless

clueless New Member

The $8.60 is the combined (ground, deferred, nda) domestic average--average revenue per piece for ground for the mrq was $7.26, $7.27 for the first 3 quarters of 2009.
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

So far we have answered the first of Island's questions, average revenue. Does anyone know what our average cost per pkg is?