How many pkgs per day does UPS handle?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Quick question...how many packages per day do we handle nationwide on average....and how many do we do on the heaviest day during peak?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Be it known, I found out a little secret. UPS actually on handles 47 packages. it's the same damn packages everyday. After you deliver them, tehy go and pick them up and recirculate them back in the system. I know it seems lilke more but it's all in the mirrors.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quick question...how many packages per day do we handle nationwide on average....and how many do we do on the heaviest day during peak?

UPS Press release

15.8 million packages and documents - 2007 average daily

During the 2007 peak holiday shipping season, deliveries exceeded 20 million packages on five consecutive days and 22 million packages on two days.

rjoker

UPS Press release

15.8 million packages and documents - 2007 average daily

During the 2007 peak holiday shipping season, deliveries exceeded 20 million packages on five consecutive days and 22 million packages on two days.

Do you know how many packages are sent to Puerto Rico on any given day?? Thanks!

island1fox

:happy2:

Two very related but much more important questions ?
What is the avg rev per pc and the avg cost per pc on average and then peak ?

clueless

Two very related but much more important questions ?
What is the avg rev per pc and the avg cost per pc on average and then peak ?

Average revenue per piece in the MRQ reported (which was the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2009) was $8.60 on a domestic basis, $9.90 on a consolidated basis (domestic & international). Once the 10-K is filed, the numbers for peak can be approximately derived.

pkgman001

According to the link, the average revenue per piece for a US Ground package is $8.60. The actual revenue would depend on the average zone and weight. I know that the average weight for a ground package used to be 13 or 14 pounds, but that was years ago. With all of the resi, it may be less now.

clueless

According to the link, the average revenue per piece for a US Ground package is $8.60. The actual revenue would depend on the average zone and weight. I know that the average weight for a ground package used to be 13 or 14 pounds, but that was years ago. With all of the resi, it may be less now.

The $8.60 is the combined (ground, deferred, nda) domestic average--average revenue per piece for ground for the mrq was $7.26, $7.27 for the first 3 quarters of 2009.