How Many Routes Do You Know?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Why do you hate it so much?

For me, I know a :censored2: ton, spread out across 3 different centers. Sometimes they ask me if I want to go help out my old centers... I actually like the change of pace sometimes, and to say hi to old friends.
Just a horrible route. Lots of stops, crappy 1200 truck, criss-crosses the city all day long, too many My Coice customers with special requests, too many biz stops with no docks, the amount of biz stops keeps you from getting any resi until 1645 and then you still have 100+ at that time. Just a miserable body breaking route.

WorknLateHuh

Just a horrible route. Lots of stops, crappy 1200 truck, criss-crosses the city all day long, too many My Coice customers with special requests, too many biz stops with no docks, the amount of biz stops keeps you from getting any resi until 1645 and then you still have 100+ at that time. Just a miserable body breaking route.

We have very few routes like that where I am, but the ones we do have, the trucks are blown out with pieces, front to back almost everyday. I will never ever ever ever understand why our drivers bid them year after year... I don't care if u live on the route, how many Christmas tips you get, or how many friends(women) you have on the route, it's not worth it. I think a lot of our drivers are scared :censored2:less of snow, or maybe it's about getting comfortable with familiarity.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Holy crap that's a lot of stops to have left at 5:00,and I complain about having 50 left at the same time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Exactly one today.

My PDS and an ORION guy decided to change my route starting tomorrow. Have no idea where I will be tomorrow afternoon.

Reminder to self. Get a map tomorrow morning.

guyinthebrownbox

I knew 6 of about 40. But I was fortunate that I was the unofficial cover driver for an entire loop of routes in the same area. So I stayed on the same 3 routes for a long time

Rack em

Made the Podium
Exactly one today.

My PDS and an ORION guy decided to change my route starting tomorrow. Have no idea where I will be tomorrow afternoon.

Reminder to self. Get a map tomorrow morning.
Isn't it in the contract that they can't change your route, or they can only change a certain percent of it?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I know 3 in my current center but only because I got bumped after 7 years by a guy looking for greener grass (but only because he got bumped for the same reason). Ran one for 4 after that that started off good but then they started abusing me a bit on until I took my current route which will hold me over until either January when we bid again or when I go to feeders in the spring.

ChrisTheBrown

I know 3 full routes, & good parts of like 3 others. I regularly run the same "split" route Tues-Fri & cover the others once in a while when those FT bid drivers are off. I've also learned a lot more areas, in recent months, while working Saturday air.

DOK

Curious how many routes everyone knows in their center and what the total number is roughly. I made book back in May and currently know about 8 routes and i've done a handful of others once or twice but not enough to say i know it. I believe my center runs 50-60 routes depending on volume.

Siveriano

Off the record about 70%, now on the record just the ones i like to do. The less u know the better, always say you are not familiar with a route even if is the route right next to the one you always cover. Its about 50ish routes and i know most of them.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I knew about 13 routes out of 55 in my center but now I only have to know one, my bid route. Funny thing is, that route is kind of like the one scooby mentioned above. A 1200 that goes out bricked with a ton of business stops and returns the same way with 36 pickups. Same story as scooby described, the main cover guy they use when I call in sick asks me when I'm taking vacation so he can take his at the same time and avoid doing my route. Only sometimes will I come off of my route and do another one for a change of pace.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Isn't it in the contract that they can't change your route, or they can only change a certain percent of it?
Yes. If the changes are major I can either follow the bulk of my work or bump a junior driver off just about any route in the center.
I think they are trying to cut my miles to under 200/day. I'm hoping they just remove my pick ups.

8 Hour Day

I used to know 17. I could run probably 10 of those as fast or faster than the bid driver.

Then, I figured out how that only got me screwed on a regular basis...

Now, I'm on a bid route. I now proudly know 3/4 of a route at best.

For a while, I had an honest supervisor, and I was pretty helpful for him. If he needed, I'd run whatever route I knew to help him out. Now that I have another spineless lazy weasel, I have reverted to maroon-mode out of self preservation. The more helpful I am to this jerk, the less I see my family. Priorities.