How Many Routes Do You Know?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Four. One of which is an extra route which is made near entirely of parts of the other three. Another of which I believe I may have finally mastered. I'd be entirely okay with these being my only routes though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Couldn't agree more with the ones who say the less you know the better you are. I've learned way to many and it biting me in the ass royally right now.

While I do understanding your reasoning I respectfully disagree with your premise.

As a casual I tried to learn as many routes as possible. I quickly learned which one of the senior drivers liked taking time off and made sure to learn those routes.

My first year I worked just over 1000 hours which is giving me the option of retiring 9 months early.

MC0493

I'm pretty satisfied with the 8 i know. Most are decent and i've learned quite a big area. But i get the feeling i'll probably end up learning atleast a few more. I'd like to know just enough to keep me in a steady rotation of things i know so i hopefully can avoid going blind.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I started as a casual. Learned all 25 areas. Back then. The more you knew, the more you'd work. They have pulled 3 areas out of our center now. Not enough room.

Probably depends on how good your sups are...Ours are lazy as :censored2: and only train on 1 route period..so when :censored2: hits the fan we have no knowledge..when this happens they go into stupid mode trying anything and everything to cover routes..

opey

2 legitimately in my home center. but ive literally worked more from a different building than my own in my first year-plus, and know a few routes pretty well there.. although its 95% number streets there so its not too hard to jump on just about any route and learn it quickly