How many routes have you had and how long have you been on your current one?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Half the routes I know I learned on the blind.

I'll know them well enough to train someone on them and run them in case of an emergency. I only need to go out with a driver once and I could scratch the route the next day. It's all about keeping your wheels moving and working at a steady pace not running around like a idiot.
image.gif

UPSGUY72

You can't seriously believe the :censored2: that spews out of your mouth.

lunch is unpaid it doesn't effect whether or not you can scratch a route. Lunch is not counted in your planed day only work hrs are. If you some how think not taking your lunch is going allow you to run scratch you haven't got a clue. The only thing not taking you lunch does is allow you to get out earlier.

Brownslave688

lunch is unpaid it doesn't effect whether or not you can scratch a route. Lunch is not counted in your planed day only work hrs are. If you some how think not taking your lunch is going allow you to run scratch you haven't got a clue. The only thing not taking you lunch does is allow you to get out earlier.
Depending on the route taking lunch in the middle of the day can add 2-3 hours to ones day.

Overpaid Union Thug

If a runner and gunner/lunch skipper was on a route during the last time study then you can bet your ass the route is missing an hour somewhere. And, as Brownslave just said, when and where you take your lunch can have a drastic impact on your day.

Man oh man you still have lots to learn. But you should have figured this sheeeeiaaat out a long time ago.

UPSGUY72

Depending on the route taking lunch in the middle of the day can add 2-3 hours to ones day.

We both know that is BS. 2-3 hr difference in how long it takes to run a route if you take your lunch in between the 4th and 5th hr like your suppose to instead of the end of the day or not at all.

Brownslave688

We both know that is BS. 2-3 hr difference in how long it takes to run a route if you take your lunch in between the 4th and 5th hr like your suppose to instead of the end of the day or not at all.
Nope 100% serious and its 3rd and 6th hour. 4th and 5th hour lol that would mean everyone has to take their break at the same time everyday.

Pulling for air. Not running resi with business stops. Pulling for businesses. Just a few of the things that can add a ton of time to your day if you take break from 12-1.

UPSGUY72

If a runner and gunner/lunch skipper was on a route during the last time study then you can bet your ass the route is missing an hour somewhere. And, as Brownslave just said, when and where you take your lunch can have a drastic impact on your day.

Man oh man you still have lots to learn. But you should have figured this sheeeeiaaat out a long time ago.

Time studies done from the office really mean nothing if your running over allowed for a while they will give you a three day ride and lock in a number of stops and how long it should take you. 3 days lock in rides are 3 days with someone with you all 3 days and when they are done you are forced to take your lunch and breaks.

Brownslave688

Time studies done from the office really mean nothing if your running over allowed for a while they will give you a three day ride and lock in a number of stops and how long it should take you. 3 days lock in rides are 3 days with someone with you all 3 days and when they are done you are forced to take your lunch and breaks.
Lol rides to lock in stops. The union has thrown that out over and over and over again. It's harassment. Nothing more.

UPSGUY72

Nope 100% serious and its 3rd and 6th hour. 4th and 5th hour lol that would mean everyone has to take their break at the same time everyday.

Pulling for air. Not running resi with business stops. Pulling for businesses. Just a few of the things that can add a ton of time to your day if you take break from 12-1.

2-3 hr difference ??? You couldn't justify a 2-3 difference on any route depending on when you took your lunch. Even your steward and BA would be laughing at you...

UPSGUY72

Lol rides to lock in stops. The union has thrown that out over and over and over again. It's harassment. Nothing more.

3 days lock in rides are really methods rides. They make sure you are following the methods. Once they have a 3 day ride with you following the methods they know you can do so many stops and a certain amount of time. All they have to do when your start being over allowed is to follow you around and catch you not following the methods they aren't going to write you up for being over allowed they are going write you up for not following the methods...

Brownslave688

2-3 hr difference ??? You couldn't justify a 2-3 difference on any route depending on when you took your lunch. Even your steward and BA would be laughing at you...
2-3 hours I guess would what time you get off so 1-2 hours of difference in on clock time.

We have this argument on here all of the time. Lunch skippers and management says it makes no difference. Those of us that actually take break and run the routes know better.

I've had to pull 20 miles to get a business off or 30 miles to make a pick up. Hell I've driven 40-45 miles to meet someone to drop off air that I could of gotten back if I skipped my lunch.

Overpaid Union Thug

Again......if those routes' time studies were built around a running and gunning lunch skipper then a driver that takes their lunch during that time is screwed. The runner and gunner was able to get an hour's worth (probably more) of work done during lunch time. If I take a lunch (during lunch time) on one of those routes then I will be "behind" when I go back to work. It's pretty simple really. Don't let the snakes in suits brainwash you man. Their metrics and spreadsheets aren't viable in the real world.

3 days lock in rides are really methods rides. They make sure you are following the methods. Once they have a 3 day ride with you following the methods they know you can do so many stops and a certain amount of time. All they have to do when your start being over allowed is to follow you around and catch you not following the methods they aren't going to write you up for being over allowed they are going write you up for not following the methods...

I'd Article 6 that lock in ride and win. I'd Article 37 the stalking and harassment (you said "follow you around") and win. And no one can 100% abide by page after page after page of methods every day all of the time. To write someone up for a few infractions that were nitpicked (and they WILL be nitpicked) is ludicrous. And unless its a newer driver, on a route blind, or started the day cubed out, the infractions all added together would never total the amount of time the driver is showing over allowed on your precious reports. NEVER.

This is how you people roll......

"Hey while I was "observing you" I noticed that you missed the handrail twice, forgot to put your flashers on once, and you didn't start filling out the info notices soon enough. Well, now I can see why you are running 1.45 over everyday. Get with the steward in the morning at start time and see me"

And that is an example of the stupidity the UPS management operates under on a daily basis. I've experienced it. I've fought it. I won every time. But you'll likely try such antics on the weaker/newer drivers much like an animal in the wild preys on the wounded. It sounds like you have been trained in that art well. You people can be pure evil to the core.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't think drivers can bid into those in my area.
22.3's were confusing in my center. Some of those jobs drivers could bid on. Some they couldn't.
The way they do it here is, when a 22.3 opens up (new job, retire, or fired) it goes up for bid in classification ie, only other 22.3's can bid on it. If no one takes it then it goes up for bid for all full time time employees (including drivers). If another 22.3 takes it in the first round then the vacated 22.3 job goes up for bid for all full time employees. If no one takes it in those two rounds then it goes up for bid for part time employees.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Again......if those routes' time studies were built around a running and gunning lunch skipper then a driver that takes their lunch during that time is screwed. The runner and gunner was able to get an hour's worth (probably more) of work done during lunch time. If I take a lunch (during lunch time) on one of those routes then I will be "behind" when I go back to work. It's pretty simple really. Don't let the snakes in suits brainwash you man. Their metrics and spreadsheets aren't viable in the real world.

I'd Article 6 that lock in ride and win. I'd Article 37 the stalking and harassment (you said "follow you around") and win. And no one can 100% abide by page after page after page of methods every day all of the time. To write someone up for a few infractions that were nitpicked (and they WILL be nitpicked) is ludicrous. And unless its a newer driver, on a route blind, or started the day cubed out, the infractions all added together would never total the amount of time the driver is showing over allowed on your precious reports. NEVER.

This is how you people roll......

"Hey while I was "observing you" I noticed that you missed the handrail twice, forgot to put your flashers on once, and you didn't start filling out the info notices soon enough. Well, now I can see why you are running 1.45 over everyday. Get with the steward in the morning at start time and see me"

And that is an example of the stupidity the UPS management operates under on a daily basis. I've experienced it. I've fought it. I won every time. But you'll likely try such antics on the weaker/newer drivers much like an animal in the wild preys on the wounded. It sounds like you have been trained in that art well. You people can be pure evil to the core.
Dudes been in management about a minute and he's already working on firing people. Good lord.

Method$

Give me the same stops with the same packages (size and weight), same traffic, same weather, same cods, same load, same truck, and.... Oh you can't ...