How many routes have you had and how long have you been on your current one?

In my short 20 years, covered 150+ routes. In 4 buildings, in 3 states. Had 3 bid routes along the way.

poophappens

Well it sounds like you were top cover for a while then. We have guys that were swinging for 8+ years and they can pick whatever route is up for vacation or if that PC driver was in feeders and their route was open for the week. A lot of the feeder guys are gone for 6+ months so it's like some cover guys have their own route anyway.
Actually I was just starting to win vacation bids for the week. And the bids I won were usually the worst routes. I was never near the top of utility since I never let a route pass me up. But at least I have a job and now I can enjoy the same route everyday yay!

wayfair

swollen member
learned 20+, won 3, bumped twice. Current route, going on 9 years.

second was a dusty dirty county run, I figured it was the worst one anyone would want and I didn't mind, cool people, ya know... I loved it

now I get to take lunch at home everyday... only thing keeping me from feeders....

Bottom rung

We've got a guy who won his straight from p/t. Complete pain in the ass for management. They're always after him. He's a buck and half over everyday and will retire on that one just to piss em off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
learned 20+, won 3, bumped twice. Current route, going on 9 years.

second was a dusty dirty county run, I figured it was the worst one anyone would want and I didn't mind, cool people, ya know... I loved it

now I get to take lunch at home everyday... only thing keeping me from feeders....
You figured a country run was a bad thing?

Browntown2014

Half the routes I know I learned on the blind.

I'll know them well enough to train someone on them and run them in case of an emergency. I only need to go out with a driver once and I could scratch the route the next day. It's all about keeping your wheels moving and working at a steady pace not running around like a idiot.

You and upstate should have a brag off.

WorknLateHuh

Half the routes I know I learned on the blind.

I'll know them well enough to train someone on them and run them in case of an emergency. I only need to go out with a driver once and I could scratch the route the next day. It's all about keeping your wheels moving and working at a steady pace not running around like a idiot.

Half the routes??!! and only go out once?? you must be some kind of UPS prodigy. How did you become so humble?

Future

Victory Ride
Sometimes I like a little bit extra in certain areas.
image.gif