How many tier3 crashes/accidents does it take to get a new FT driver off the road ?

oldandcrabby

th
Husband just saw this his response Ouch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If that were the case here they would run out of ways to create 22.3 jobs. I hope you were kidding.

Nope. The company wanted to fire her permanently but she has 20+ years in----the Union was able to make a deal with the Company to create a 22.3 just for her. No one else can bid on it and the job will be dissolved when she separates/retires.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If it was not serious ( as defined in the contract), I doubt the termination will stand. Unless he was not a permanent full time seniority driver.
I talked to the Steward this evening who apparently talked to the steward in that building. I guess they aren't too convinced he will be back. The DM is looking out to get him.!
Fired or taken out of service?

It is standard procedure to take a driver out of service while the company investigates a Tier 3.

To the OP----in my center if you have 3 Tier 3's within a year they create a 22.3 for you.
Fired. Thanks for the education on crash investigations though. They didn't cover that in school.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I talked to the Steward this evening who apparently talked to the steward in that building. I guess they aren't too convinced he will be back. The DM is looking out to get him.!

Fired. Thanks for the education on crash investigations though. They didn't cover that in school.

You have become quite the :censored2: since you have been promoted.

35years

Gravy route
If what you are telling me is accurate...

A full time, permanent, seniority driver was terminated for one accident that does not fit the contractual definition of a serious accident.
And the steward doesn't think he will get his job back just because the DM wants him gone...

Then the steward doesn't know what he is talking about.
OR
There is more to the story, like lying about the accident.

I have NEVER seen a termination stick under these circumstances.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I what you are telling me is accurate...

A full time, permanent, seniority driver was terminated for one accident that does not fit the contractual definition of a serious accident.
And the steward doesn't think he will get his job back just because the DM wants him gone...

Then the steward doesn't know what he is talking about.
OR
There is more to the story, like lying about the accident.

I have NEVER seen a termination stick under these circumstances.
I'm just putting down what the Steward had said. I didn't hear anything from either side on the issue today.