How many times can they ride with you

A

abrownclown

Hey i just wanted to say thanks for the replies, the contract like many legal papers is sometimes hard to understand. i try to do a good job. At times it seems like they are after me, i hope they move on to someone else soon.

brownrodster

My question: How can more than one mgt person ride with you with only one jump seat?...and if they did..you talk about in-cab distractions and wasted flesh in your way....I've never seen anyone fired for performance.But they get put on the microscope list to get fired for something else..And we all make mistakes....Our center allowances are so bad that unless you are more than an hour over,it's like you are a scratch driver.Many drivers are 1 hour and a half to two hours...and in some cases four hours over on the industrial routes...What used to be a bonus center is strictly O.T. now...I think 3 lunch skippers scratch out of 54 routes...LOL

Similar situation here. 20 year old time studies. I can finish my last pickup, then drive to the center and clock out and the next day it says i'm 1.5 hours over. I've never seen a driver harassed for performance. However, that may change when we get PAS and new time studies...

filiperuvian

20 yrs till retirment yay
i had this same exact problem with the ojs ride, sporh crap. i can fill about 2-3 pages with what happened. i did a sporh of about 15.5 about a year ago during a 3 day ojs ride. but it was march, and still slow after peak (route is all business). plus i'm short, about 5'5 and my supe is 6'6 or something...so i have this tree following me and i let it get in my head and pressure me to go faster than my normal SAFE pace. anyways i used to let it bother me if i heard any remarks about my sporh dropping 1 to 2 stops per hour...I used to go home every friday and let that crap hang over me. I let them ruin my weekends-instead of enjoying my 2 days off i would wonder if i'd get some kind of grief over my performance on monday...but not anymore. my feeling no is this: if they want me at 15 and my sporh drops, so be it. I know how to do my job out there, and if they want to ride with me then be my guest. Maybe then they'll understand what it's like to what i do day in and day out. and if the numbers still aren't to their liking and they wanna ride with me again, screw it they can ride all week for all i care. Once i punch out that's it, i'll worry about my route, numbers, sporh, all that crap the next morning because it's not worth the stress. I've had this attitude for about a month now, and i gotta tell you it's nice not having work problems intruding on my life. You're gonna have to develop a thick skin and learn how to just let management's comments about sporh and production just roll off your back. If you're doing everything SAFE and with integrity, then everything else will work out. Don't let your am/pm time get too high, take lunches/breaks...etc etc. As long as you can punch out and know in your heart that you did your very best, stayed safe, serviced your customers, and worked with integrity then you shouldn't have a problem.

542thruNthru

I know this is old. If a supervisor wants to ride that second time what do you do?

Ah okay. Then what? Grab a shop steward?
Yes always grab a shop steward if you feel something is wrong or you have a question.

It's all going to depend on a few things. Like what was the first ride for? What's the second ride for? Was the first right a S&V ride and the second a "production" ride? The point I'm trying to make is 2 rides in a year is probably not going to be deemed excessive.

The contract has language for excessive rides. The original poster was quoting language that has nothing to do with excessive rides. It has to do with 2 members of management riding with a driver at the same time.
Screenshot_20220520-004939_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

RMR46

I have had an Ojs ride this year, a Space and visibility, The center manager was following me around and then decided to jump on the car with me for a few stops last month, and now they are threatening me with another Ojs ride and a warning letter if i screw up on any of the methods.

Just how many times can they ride with you? From what i read under article 37 section 2 " "No driver will be scheduled for more than one days ride per year with one member of management on the car. Such a day will not be used for disciplinary purposes".

Bottom line is i come in over 9.5 a couple of days a week when they stop count is jacked up or when im blown out. They don't like that..
It's great and they ride with you. You follow every rule you get done about 10:00 at night and when they start saying pick it up and they start touching packages and sorting in between stops you write a grievance for every single hour you were out there get paid their pay come on with me boys jump seat is ready to go

Fuzzy Brown

Article 37 Sect. 1
The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Article 37 Sect. 1
The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties.
I got a Warning Letter a couple of times for calling 911 and reporting a suspicious person following me. I was actually instructed NEVER to call 911 if I saw management following me lol It'sa game.play it better than they do!

RMR46

Supervisor was trying to follow @MECH-lift one time , as soon as I saw him I instantly started my hour lunch 😂

@MECH-lift wins
🧔‍♂️✊
I had a supervisor that met me out on the route he said I'm going to go with you for 2 hours an hour and a half two hours I'm like okay he jumps in we start going down the road I passed the first stop he goes where are you going? I said I'm going to lunch. He said friend* it take me back to my car I did. When I got back to the building that night I did my hour for lunch. He saw me he asked me what I was doing? I said I'm doing my lunch he said I thought you were going to do it when you were with me I said after I drop you off I changed my mind.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had a supervisor that met me out on the route he said I'm going to go with you for 2 hours an hour and a half two hours I'm like okay he jumps in we start going down the road I passed the first stop he goes where are you going? I said I'm going to lunch. He said friend* it take me back to my car I did. When I got back to the building that night I did my hour for lunch. He saw me he asked me what I was doing? I said I'm doing my lunch he said I thought you were going to do it when you were with me I said after I drop you off I changed my mind.
Why would you take your lunch at night, in the building?