How Many UPS'ers Have Side Business'?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Google, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Google

Google New Member

...UPS'ers have been expossed to so many different types of business' on their routes........how many of ya'll have started a side business...........and what is it?

2. BottomFeeder

BottomFeeder New Member

i know three in Alabama started a scalpin' bizniz!

3. ikoi62

ikoi62 Member

computer repair,it started out with a favor or two to friends on my old route, now i get computers from full timers and part timers and managers and customers.
    i also maintain a couple of customers networks and systems on a regular basis,all off the clock of course.

4. jlphotog

jlphotog Member

I know one guy in our ctr that does computer repairs. Another that drives a limo on weekends, one that has a DJ business and I have a photo business. (Understand my nic now?)

5. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

We have an ole baby crib in the back yard and fight Miniture Chihuahua's. Soon we'll be expanding to poodles, :censored2:zus, and yorkies.

On the series side I know two drivers in our center sells items on E-Bay...comes to work every morning with an armful of packages.

6. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

That's funny bottomfeeder.:lol::lol::lol:

7. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I do the antique thing and I sell on ebay. I am by no means an expert, I wouldnt know a chippendale dresser if it fell on me but I seem to have an eye, for things un noticed in peoples garages, etc, stashed away. Mostly pottery. I make a buck or two now and then, especially at Christmas, and occasionally my husband gives up a harley part or two that I can sell. My dream when I retire is to sit here, sell stuff and make my vaca money!!

8. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Is it easy to sell on ebay?

9. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

The reason why the Chippendale fell on you is because you didn't eye him and put a buck or two in his draws...:tongue_sm

10. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

I don't own a buisness, but I ref hockey on the side. Although if you add up the number of hours, I guess you could say that I ref hockey and work at UPS on the side.

11. Ms Spoken

Ms Spoken New Member

After years of having a passion for Photography I have finally took the step into the Professional world. No more working for free doing weddings. Plus, I needed something to write off with Uncle Sam.

I'm also a volunteer for the Make A Wish foundation making sick kids dreams come true. Just something I enjoy. Plus, I'm very good at spending some else money. LOL

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  12. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

Home improvements on the side with a contracter a few weekends a month. I wish I didnt have to, but it will be worth it in the long run.

13. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

I'm thinking about getting involved with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization. I'm good with kids and I'm told I would make a great role model for young boys that haven't had the benefit of a strong male role model. Something I'm considering for after I leave UPS in two weeks. -Rocky

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I used to have a business with aftermarket performance for import cars. But after a couple years with a bad business partner we closed up and put it in the past.

Now my brother and I rent out inflatable moonwalks. It's really his business but it occupies what little freetime I have. I'm only going to do it for another year though and then I'm out. My family is far more important than moonwalks.

15. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Does ebaying overgoods count... ;)

Photography and Photo editing Freelancing sometimes.. if i'm bored

16. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I have a blacksmith/fabrication shop.
    My wife has a stained glass business and works full time at an online pet supply business.
    I do the metal work as a personal passion.
    When I install the windows my wife crafts, I make about $200.00 an hour.
    The jobs are not all that frequent, but the extra money comes in handy.
    PAX

17. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Yes,
    try it out.
    PAX

18. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

I'm in the photography business too. I work part-time taking pictures of property for real estate companies. Gravy job....not really work imo....plus I love making a little something-something on the side.

19. DS

DS Fenderbender

why dont some of you photogs show us some of your work,moreluck sent me these...
    FOTOS.pps (2.7 MB)

20. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

I sell UPS memorabilia on e bay. I am trying to sell the 100th anniversary lead bar. Man, so far the bid is up to five, yes five whole dollars! I will make a lot of money!

Seriously, I'm in the P.I. business. No one can tell I'm really an investigator. I have low overhead as far as capital expenditures. My uniform, vehicle, and fuel is paid for. Who suspects that the UPS driver is watching them have extramarital affairs.

I did have one of my coworkers try to sell some diet plan. He said, "since you will be driving feeder, you'll need to take this". Nothing worse than a coworker trying to sell you a multilevel marketing fraud.