How many wear shorts all year?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How many of you guys and gals in the cold-weather states wear your shorts all winter? And do you get tired of the customers that always want to talk about your shorts?

I wear mine all year, even when it snows. The last time I wore pants was in January of 2007 when we had 6" of snow and I knew I was going to have to chain up. Last winter we didnt have as much snow, and I wear shorts even when its 20 degrees outside. A lot of drivers in my center do the same. Is it just an Oregon thing, or is it nationwide?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Only the very young & foolish ones attempt this stunt.
We older & mature ones wish to stay warm .
Besides my legs never tan.:happy-very:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I don't wear shorts anymore because I now have A/C :woohoo:. I don't like wearing shorts, even on my personal time, but I did wear them in Package because, well, I didn't want to pass out from the heat.

I know of only one guy in Feeders who wears shorts all year long. He drives a shifter (yard jockey) which has no A/C. It gets as hot as hell in those things in the summer.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are split. We have some drivers that wear shorts all year. 5 I think. We have drivers that wear pants all year. 5 that I know of. I wear both and there are a few others.

helenofcalifornia

I wear shorts all year long. Of course, our lowest temps are rarely below 38-40 and that is only in the mornings. In winter it's usually at least 50-55 by the afternoon. Don't even own a pair of pants. I don't know how you guys do it that drive in the snow. I can't even picture how you handle the hand truck when you have 6" or more of snow?!! Do they have chains for them? JK.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I know of only one guy in Feeders who wears shorts all year long. He drives a shifter (yard jockey) which has no A/C. It gets as hot as hell in those things in the summer. thats an understatment lol lol its like that sweat box they put Cl. Nichols in in that Jap work camp on Bridge On The River Kwai

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
At one time in New England,They had a policy that pants had to be worn after Thanksgiving I believe. Don't know if they enforce it though. Although I think you would be nuts up here in N.E to wear em during the winter you would probaly end up with arthritis when you hit the golden years.But you cant tell these new kids any thing they all want to look cool!!!!! you older guys remember the good old days when we didn't have to worry about shorts !! lol

helenofcalifornia

Long pants in 105 hot summer days. Who could forget? And then they made you buy shorts if you wanted to wear them. Hmmph! And the youngsters now that still wear size 42 shorts even if they are size 32. A look I never have completely understood. I know Drew, I know, I am OLD!!!!!

Of course Drew, to you anyone over 25 is ancient! lol

soberups

Long pants in 105 hot summer days. Who could forget? And then they made you buy shorts if you wanted to wear them. Hmmph!

I made my own shorts...I just took scissors to my pants, and hemmed them with duct tape. No way in hell was I going to pay the $25 per pair that UPS wanted.

rod

Retired 22 years
I made my own shorts...I just took scissors to my pants, and hemmed them with duct tape. No way in hell was I going to pay the $25 per pair that UPS wanted.

$25 for shorts? I don't recall ever having to buy shorts. Socks- yes----shirts- yes, a buck apiece for awhile but never $ for shorts. Is this something new?:surprised:

soberups

$25 for shorts? I don't recall ever having to buy shorts. Socks- yes----shirts- yes, a buck apiece for awhile but never $ for shorts. Is this something new?:surprised:
When we were first allowed to wear shorts back in the early 90's, you had to buy them and they werent cheap. A lot of guys---myself included---just made their own shorts buy cutting and heming pants. Then the company started putting a special label on the shorts so that they could see if you were cheating. Eventually, they quit charging $$ for the shorts and issued them as a standard uniform item.

rod

Retired 22 years
When we were first allowed to wear shorts back in the early 90's, you had to buy them and they werent cheap. A lot of guys---myself included---just made their own shorts buy cutting and heming pants. Then the company started putting a special label on the shorts so that they could see if you were cheating. Eventually, they quit charging $$ for the shorts and issued them as a standard uniform item.

Another example how things differ from one region to another. From day one we never had to buy shorts. I remember it took awhile to get your 1st pair when you ordered them but there was no cost envolved:peaceful:

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I wear the shorts until it gets in the low 60's which is right about now around here. Take into account that I'm 51 years old. After a while though, all the drivers in my center give in to long pants.

Lately, I get more comments about the UPS socks than the shorts. Again, I'm 51 years old!

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don't think they really care if the shorts are even brown anymore. Most of the younger folks, and several of the old-timers as well, seem to think it is okay to wear whatever they choose. I think it looks silly when someone shows up with a delivery wearing a green hat on and a purple shirt under their browns. You can insert whatever colors you choose as people seem to try whatever combination seems to suit their fancy on a given day. It would be nice to see the company start enforcing the dress code again. (This is an opinion)

UPSGUY72

I'm still wearing shorts and plan on it for a while maybe all year. As long as my upper body is warm I don't have a problem with the cold.

I heard there is a guy in Canada that wears shorts all year long.