how many

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by packageguy, Sep 30, 2012.

1. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

How many traffic lights do you hit each day on your route. Friday as I was doing my route it dawned on me, wow it's a bad day I felt like I was sitting at traffic lights all day, No I didn't scratch, but when do I. ................................. lol

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

There is 1 light in the town that I am currently working. I drive through 4 on the way there and the same 4 on the way back.

Lights are not near the delay as trains are for me.

3. packageguy

I say friday I had to sit in at least 50 lights, plus traffic....

4. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

On my rte, I have 0 stop lights. Getting to and from my rte, it depends on which way I go. 1 in one direction and 3 in the other direction.

6. DS

DS Fenderbender

I leave at 7 AM and if there's an accident on highway401,I take
    Steeles ave all the way to work.There are 32 intersections on the way.
    I counted one day.I have no idea how many I hit at work,because when
    I get home at 9 PM I've now been on the road for 14 hours and all I want is a beer.

7. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

IE eliminated the wait at the lights with the routes right turn.

8. DS

DS Fenderbender

:bsbullf:

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I have 6 red lights on my area all on the same road. Only two really make me wait long. But I get paid by the hour so I don't mind.

10. Speedy Cerviche

Speedy Cerviche New Member

I actually counted on Friday because my little town hates it's citizen and demands we stop at more than half the lights we drive through. I'm around 40 / day, not counting right hand turns.

11. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I average 65 to 70 minutes idle time a day. Its the easiest money i make all day.

12. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

As embarrassed as I am to admit it its in the low twentys. Mrs. 407 knows it and is fine with it. Sometimes you have to test drive it before you buy it. I wish she was the first but we all have a past. I'm cool with it

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  13. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

I'll say I sit at a red light no less than 4 times per hour, so figure on between 32-44 per day?

14. packageguy

That's funny, friday I said the same thing, it got to the point I let cars in and kept saying I get paid by the hour...... lol....