How much did I mess up?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Okay, I'll definitely talk to him Monday because looking at my paystub and says I only clocked ~8 hours even though I could swear I did about 12. Also gonna start writing down the number of hours the machine says I worked when I clocked out and compare it to my paystub. If I'm only getting paid for hours the machine records then I know I'm definitely not getting paid for the extra early minutes that the supe is telling me to come in and do.
Write down the start time the sup told you and the time you clock out everyday.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not because it's easier, but get $1 extra. But not sure now, met a guy who's been unloading 10+ years that explained to me he gets ~$25/hr because he's been around so long and pretty much more pay every year he sticks around. Don't think he has any reason to lie unless someone else had a different experience? Not sure if I could get the same pay staying sorter, I'd have to ask about it. And not really looking for management if that's a wrong move within UPS. Just looking to get paid so I can meet meet the bills on time.

Another issue that came up was basically the clock starts counting pay at 15 minutes after the hour, so you're supposed to come on the hour, but I've been coming 15 minutes earlier before the hour because I'm pretty gungho about working. My supe now says I gotta come in 40 min before the hour now. I don't get paid for the extra 30 min I already put in and pretty sure won't get paid for the extra 55 min I'm expected to put in before the shift actually starts. Is he prepping me for something else or is he just jerking me around for free labor?
It's not just a $1/hr bump going sup. When I was a part timer my starting rate was like $8.50 (it's more now) and p/t sup starting pay was $14 and change per hour.

If they're starting you early for your shift, they should be starting everyone early, or offering the early start to the people with more seniority per the contract. Regardless of what time you punch in or start working, as an inside worker the computer is set to pay you from your scheduled start time that is programmed into the computer, so if you start before the scheduled start, then a sup has to manually correct your start time or else you are working for free.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Okay, I'll definitely talk to him Monday because looking at my paystub and says I only clocked ~8 hours even though I could swear I did about 12. Also gonna start writing down the number of hours the machine says I worked when I clocked out and compare it to my paystub. If I'm only getting paid for hours the machine records then I know I'm definitely not getting paid for the extra early minutes that the supe is telling me to come in and do.
Just a heads up, if the sup edits your time card it won't change where it says time worked on your punch out. So if you worked 15 hours but the sup edited it to 16, it will still show 15. The only way you know for sure is by looking at the sup's timecard account

laffter

Only people who can't do the job become part time sups.

False. Example: preload new hire from not too long ago. She pretty quickly became very good at what she did. I was very surprised and actually didn't mind walking over and helping her sort packages for her routes when she fell behind. Some time ago I was disappointed to find out she was "promoted" to pt sup.

watdaflock?

False. Example: preload new hire from not too long ago. She pretty quickly became very good at what she did. I was very surprised and actually didn't mind walking over and helping her sort packages for her routes when she fell behind. Some time ago I was disappointed to find out she was "promoted" to pt sup.

I was being sarcastic. I know its not true for everyone but occasionally it's accurate.