How Much Did You Tip Your Helper?

How much did you tip your helper?

• Total voters

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Stopped every day for bathroom and bought him a candy bar and some drinks. I think I bought dinner 4 days and gave him 100 bucks. We averaged over 300 a day and didn't complain when I would miss a house or how far the walk was. Didn't get injured and didn't smell or smoke. For me it was well worth money.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yea. We're in Feeder. What's a helper?

A big sandwich for hangovers
24dddb36d01d849191423b118abebd22.jpg

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It was almost the last stop of the night. The lady of the house slipped my helper a $100 bill. That she got to keep. The best helper I have ever had over the years. Hard worker. She could run either DIAD and never complained about the walk-offs. Even volunteered to run the packages to the house if the driveway was not plowed.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My last year in package cars was 1985. They had just started using helpers down here in Texas a year or so earlier. I lobbied not to have one because my area was kind of rural. More miles than stops. Got one anyway. An older gray haired guy in his mid 50's maybe. I thought great. A lot I knew. This guy did this every peak. He was a senior manager at Southern Pacific railroad. Took 6 weeks of vacation. He worked his arse off for me. He made over $300,000/yr salary at SP. Lived in a mansion not too far from my route. The year before he used the money to buy his daughter a car. The peak he worked with me he was going to buy his wife something with the money. Hell, he shoulda tipped *me* haha.

watdaflock?

I got $20.00 from a driver for preloading his truck in the doghouse this past winter.
fyi - The heaters don't do jack squat in those things.

A year before I was a temp seasonal jumper and the driver didn't tip me anything.
Although I did get hooked up with some awesome fudge and cookies!

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
My center management team instructed me to call my helper on route and set up meet point. I asked them how much I was getting paid extra to be a helper coordinator, didn't get a helper the rest of peak.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I give my jumper about 200 bux. The way I do it during peak is im always getting money from all my customers so I always give them a little nibble here and there. If a customer gives me like 40 bux ill give them a 10. If they give me money and theres like fives or tens ill usually slide them the lowest bill. Comes out to somewhere near 200 give or take. I figure whats the big deal if im averaging over a grand usually from my customers, 200 to give to somebody who is working for chump change and running their balls off for me. Its the least I could do and technically its really not coming out of my pocket originally anyway. The helpers are usually like wow man that's pretty cool of you to hook me up like that, im like its all good dude, were working as a team so its cool dude. Im not a selfish person and I appreciate the jumper working and helping me out anyway.