"How much do you make"

I can't violate DOT hours if I don't drive. But I have also preloaded and drove many times in the past being within DOT hours

But what I was saying was like normally Monday and Tuesday I am laid off so I asked if I could preload on those days before and was told I could not bump a PT out of his position. Therefore I am not guaranteed 8 hours a day :/
You still need your 10 hour reset before driving. Plus if they need you, it won't do them any good if you preloaded the night before.

It sucks being on the bottom of the list.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You still need your 10 hour reset before driving. Plus if they need you, it won't do them any good if you preloaded the night before.

It sucks being on the bottom of the list.
When they call me into preload it's usually an hour or so after they start to make sure I have enough DOT hours to finish my route too. Even when I was a utility driver while still a PT preloader I would deliver routes after I preloaded. I've always had my 10 hour reset...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It really sucks being a first/second year driver because a lot of people in my town just assume I am loaded even though I only make $19.50 and work maybe 3 days a week. People ask why I haven't bought a house yet, why I don't upgrade my truck, etc...

They don't understand the struggles of working at ups through the first 10 or so years. So yes, when we do become full time and finally wait those 4 long years to make top wage, we earn every single penny of that money!
Don't worry about them. The wife and I got asked all of the time why we didn't buy a new vehicle yet for the last 3-4 years non stop.

It runs fine was always our answer. We upgraded when we were ready to upgrade.

UPSER110

I don't think it works that way in our center. We have a small center of usually 21 routes a day. And there are 2-3 drivers who are laid off most days a week.

I think I've asked before if I could bump back into preload and I was told no.

What supplement are you under? Full time trumps part time, We have several full time drivers working part time shifts to get their hours. Start learning routes I'm sure some of those older guys will take days off.

Rack em

Made the Podium
What supplement are you under? Full time trumps part time, We have several full time drivers working part time shifts to get their hours. Start learning routes I'm sure some of those older guys will take days off.
Western region, local 2, J.C. 3 rider

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wanna adjust your face.

This face:

Selfie.jpg