How Much Do You Usually Spend On Christmas?

How Much Do You Usually Spend On Christmas Gifts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Personally, all I buy for is my wife usually. She normally does all the shopping for the rest of the family, as she doesn't trust my taste in selecting gifts. lol. And that comes out of the Captain's pocket anyways. This year she had a bad attitude and just wanted to give everybody cash. I told her that was real personal. Tis the season, dammit! We're buying presents! hohoho

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Personally, all I buy for is my wife usually. She normally does all the shopping for the rest of the family, as she doesn't trust my taste in selecting gifts. lol. And that comes out of the Captain's pocket anyways. This year she had a bad attitude and just wanted to give everybody cash. I told her that was real personal. Tis the season, dammit! We're buying presents! hohoho

I put a lot of thought into gifts I buy. Some people buy things they want you to have with no thought of whether you will like it or not. That's a waste of money, IMO.

upschuck

Two kids, wife, in-laws, and a bunch of nieces and nephews. Don't really know how I could go under $1000. Wife does most of shopping, I just have to get hers.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we dont buy for our grown children anymore but give them cash for the grandkids. we ask them to get one gift that they WANT and one gift for what they NEED and tell the kids it was from us. they call on Christmas morning and tell us everything.

they all live out of town but if they can visit on Christmas day i leave some half eaten oreos on a plate and a half glass milk. they ooh and awh about "Santa was here, Santa was here." it's great.

Gear

Parts on Order
We have 3 kids under 11 years old. We spend $400 on each kid. All they want is electronic things and PS3 games. $400 on electronics makes a small pile of presents. My wife and I like to see big piles of wrapped gifts, but thats not the way it is anymore. Unless we spend over $700 a kid.