How much does snow/cold put you back time wise??

I normally get done just before 6pm on most days. I had a normal (slightly heavy) dispatch on Tuesday. I didn't get done till 8pm. My route is busy retail streets and old Victorian residential. Every curb had a foot of snow piled on it that I had to climb over, forget about using my dolly... anybody get screwed when the snow hits the ground. I am in the Midwest. 90's in summer, below freezing most of winter.

Purplepackage

I know this is the ups forum but I thought I'd comment.

I work for fedex in the northeast and generall when snow hits it isn't as much the roads on my route or the conditions where I'm delivering. It's usually one of the damn frieght trailers showing up 3 hours late and turning your 8 hour day into a 12

Packmule

I know this is the ups forum but I thought I'd comment.

I work for fedex in the northeast and generall when snow hits it isn't as much the roads on my route or the conditions where I'm delivering. It's usually one of the damn frieght trailers showing up 3 hours late and turning your 8 hour day into a 12
Agreed 100 percent. And don't get me started on how stupid our air service is out here. Would love to see UPS get threatened with Federal fines for failing to aquiire the plane we need.

wayfair

swollen member
When it's cold, my production is a bit better, not as many water breaks or relief breaks from the heat of summer.
Now with snow/ice, however long it takes! Get yourself some Yaktrax or something similar.

Future

Victory Ride
Safety first..... and in those conditions (which are frequent in my world) should be your utmost concern......protect yourself and others on the road etc......end goal bring it home safe.... missed is missed etc!

Packmule

Said it before and I'll say it again..... One stop at a time. The longer I take the more I make.
At my age, I don't give a @$/( how much I make. I'm in it for the years of service and retirement. Shorter the day, the less liability I assume.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Exactly dude, totally not worth it.
I can understand how someone with 10 years in would freak out about the snow. It sucks thinking any small thing could be your job.

When you have 30+ in though. Who cares? I can't wait until that day comes. Hit a tree you're fired. Ok let me fill out my pension papers.