How much does snow/cold put you back time wise??

Packmule

I can understand how someone with 10 years in would freak out about the snow. It sucks thinking any small thing could be your job.

When you have 30+ in though. Who cares? I can't wait until that day comes. Hit a tree you're fired. Ok let me fill out my pension papers.
It does bring some peace of mind. Would still like to leave on my own terms with dignity intact.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When it's cold, my production is a bit better, not as many water breaks or relief breaks from the heat of summer.
Now with snow/ice, however long it takes! Get yourself some Yaktrax or something similar.
In the cold I'm still drinking some water and maybe a coffee and I'm going pee every 15 minutes...I'm not sweating so the liquid has to go somewhere

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Come on guys when it snows out ie gives us an extra 7.45 minutes. ..and when it's a blizzard we get 19.997 minutes..that's like a lifetime of allowance. .lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The cold hurts these old bones. I'll take summer any day.
Ill take 95 over 25 any day of the week, humidity and all. Sweating is good for ya and it is easier to get cooled off than what people think. Your body always feel better when its hot out anyway. I dont mind the heat at all. Pretty used to it really with all those baseball and lacrosse tournaments played in the blazingasczz heat back in the day. Bring the heat keep the cold. Now i know from what ive heard about the texas and arizona heat and im sure its different than the heat on the east coast. We get alot of humidity over here also but where im at theres always a nice breeze coming off the ocean near the beach.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It takes me about 20 minutes to install and remove a set of tire chains, plus I cant drive more than 35 MPH with them on even on bare pavement so right there I am at least an hour and a half in the hole. To make matters worse, only the main highways get plowed in my area and when this happens the plow just shoves a berm of snow up in front of each driveway that I cant punch through so unless the homeowners plow their driveway there really isn't any way I can get up there. There is a significant portion of my route, the mountainous part, that I just sheet as EC when the snow gets bad enough.

oldngray

nowhere special
6 inches is good but anything over that can cause issues.
too_true_5.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to run a inner city route for a while that had cobblestone streets they couldn't plow without tearing them up. They would turn slippery than snot in just a small snow or ice storm and I would look 1 1/2 to 2 hours worse on paper.

Packmule

It takes me about 20 minutes to install and remove a set of tire chains, plus I cant drive more than 35 MPH with them on even on bare pavement so right there I am at least an hour and a half in the hole. To make matters worse, only the main highways get plowed in my area and when this happens the plow just shoves a berm of snow up in front of each driveway that I cant punch through so unless the homeowners plow their driveway there really isn't any way I can get up there. There is a significant portion of my route, the mountainous part, that I just sheet as EC when the snow gets bad enough.
I'be always said I've never had to chain up in 100 degree heat yet! Take the hot over the cold any day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'be always said I've never had to chain up in 100 degree heat yet! Take the hot over the cold any day.

The annual number of 100 degree days on my route is roughly equal to the annual number of chain-up days on my route.

Chaining up is a cold, wet, miserable chore, but the misery only lasts for the 20 minutes it takes me to install and remove a set of chains. 100 degree heat goes on for hours, and my sweat mixes with the dust from the gravel roads to make me hot and sticky and miserable all day long.