How much does UPS contribute to 401K for full time and part time employees?

balland chain

Personally, I would have liked the company to match my contributions.. I have maxed out every year I have been at UPS, 26, and would be able to retire sooner.. Hell, we cant trust the union trustees with our money that is why the Central States retirement plan is in the red... I cant wait to see the cuts to our pension this contract.. And with the central states plan, the union companies that are now out of business, their employees are still sucking money out of the fund and getting paid the same amount that a UPSer gets even though their company never put in the amount UPS did.. That is plain and simple math and that is why we at UPS are paying the price.. Central States is full of crooks, and the ones accountable for the missing funds are long gone without being held accountable..

frateshkr

Guess you were talking to me there airops....seems some folks don't mind talking about this post.... for me I'm just learning this board but I've been around the horn at ups....39 years now. I see that management hasn't wasted a bit of the great recession in cutting out all the benis that used to go to the grunts as recognition for the jobs we do. You'll have to explain to me this "dearth" of perks for management as I get an annual report also and I see the compensation levels rising and the dividend pie getting larger even as some segments of the company are stagnant. So go chew your bone and I'll file you under the " we'll take you in the hopes you will improve" file folder.

That folder is an honor.....by the way

Personally, I would have liked the company to match my contributions.. I have maxed out every year I have been at UPS, 26, and would be able to retire sooner.. Hell, we cant trust the union trustees with our money that is why the Central States retirement plan is in the red... I cant wait to see the cuts to our pension this contract.. And with the central states plan, the union companies that are now out of business, their employees are still sucking money out of the fund and getting paid the same amount that a UPSer gets even though their company never put in the amount UPS did.. That is plain and simple math and that is why we at UPS are paying the price.. Central States is full of crooks, and the ones accountable for the missing funds are long gone without being held accountable..
Tell us how you really feel!....P.S. a lot of us..feel the exact same way!!

frateshkr

By the way there airops if you're still reading you might wonder about that picture to your left. That is a digital rendition of my 35 year service keyring. Yup buddy, that was given to me along with a certificate suitable for framing for my 35 years of service with UPS. The company thought highly enough of my service to award me this keyring, and nothing but this keyring, as a reminder of how much they appreciate me and many like me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
By the way there airops if you're still reading you might wonder about that picture to your left. That is a digital rendition of my 35 year service keyring. Yup buddy, that was given to me along with a certificate suitable for framing for my 35 years of service with UPS. The company thought highly enough of my service to award me this keyring, and nothing but this keyring, as a reminder of how much they appreciate me and many like me.

Hey, I got one of those ... somewhere.

​I also got a portable air conditioner at 35. I know where it is!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Are you a full timer? If you maxed out every year for the last 26 years you should have plenty.

Sandydog

I have a Teamsters 401K and have been investing between 14 and 17% that last 4 years.. I just began putting an additional 5% into a Roth... I don't see the Roth balance on my Prudential page, only my contribution amount? I'd like to see the two separate balances for each? Should I see them? and where?

I have a Teamsters 401K and have been investing between 14 and 17% that last 4 years.. I just began putting an additional 5% into a Roth... I don't see the Roth balance on my Prudential page, only my contribution amount? I'd like to see the two separate balances for each? Should I see them? and where?
Click on view by contributions.

Sandydog

I have been in the tax deferred 401K for a number of years and its doing well... I was contributing 14% and 5% catch up... I just switched the catch up 0f 5% from catch up to a Roth 401K.. But I can not see my balance only the tax deferred 401K... even when I click on the view balances.. it will only show my 5% contribution but no balance.. I see the deductions on my pay check and it says Roth 401K but not at the prudential web page...

SnowCitizen

There is usually like a one week lag time after you make changes. If you did it in the last week or two you probably just need to wait a little longer for it to show up.