How much heat do you guys get when you call in??

tieguy

Banned
No, there's nothing wrong with management saying they need us to come in, once. But when they start threatening discipline then there is something wrong with that. It's called harassment and intimidation. That BS is bad enough when you feel well, but when you are sick it's totally uncalled for.
Now, IF a driver has a problem with too many absences that's a little different. There are steps that can be taken, and Tie YOU know what they are. In this case it's time to take matters serious and have a set down talk with appropriate parties.
Acting like they could use you is one thing, lying is something altogether different also. "Your gonna have an easy day".....uuuh with 210 stops.
Tie, sometimes management is simply wrong, it's not always the driver.

Damn dude don't hurt yourself climbing on the soapbox. All I meant was to put a "its good to be wanted or needed spin on it". A worse response from management might be "thank god I don't have to deal with you today"

BCFan

Damn dude don't hurt yourself climbing on the soapbox. All I meant was to put a "its good to be wanted or needed spin on it". A worse response from management might be "thank god I don't have to deal with you today"
Tie when you retire you have a career in stand-up!!!!! Too funny ...BC(not Bad Cold)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
:sad-very:"Gotta put my dog to sleep. I won't be in today."

I would rather have worked that day.:dissapointed:
I had to call in sick for that very reason once. Fortunately, my sup was a dog lover who understood, offered her condolences, and told me to come back when I was ready. To this day I am grateful for the fact that she didn't make a horrible day even worse by giving me a hard time about calling in sick.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm surprised there are so many positive answers here.
Its not so bad now but a few years ago calling in sick was
paramout to killing small children.I actually missed a doctors appointment
for a pre-colonoscopy a few years back because my sup (who I actually liked)talked me into rebooking it...when I finally did see the doctor he was pissed and I had to wait 6 months to have the procedure.
I heard some stories....
I'm sorry I cant come in today my kid got hit by a car
can you make it in for your pickup log?
I was up all night puking and I wont be in...
Can you come in for 4 hours and deliver air letters?

Well Tie, you knew the "tone" in your typing voice and I can only imagine the "tone". Going by many of your past posts, I read you statement to be condescending and rather insulting. It sure didn't sound like a compliment to me.
Besides. I always use the three point stance when getting on and off my soap box.

drewed

Shankman
Well Tie, you knew the "tone" in your typing voice and I can only imagine the "tone". Going by many of your past posts, I read you statement to be condescending and rather insulting. It sure didn't sound like a compliment to me.
Besides. I always use the three point stance when getting on and off my soap box.

bent over with a guys hands between your legs looking for your balls? KIDING

tieguy

Banned

yea I know, when I smile it looks like I'm baring my fangs:happy-very:

BC ( not bad cramps) seems to have me figured out.