How much longer?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When do you guys think they will make us deliver EDD stop for stop? I don't think it too far away. 2 years tops? I just can't wait my self. I wont be blamed for running miles. I just want to get done. Go home

Cementups

Box Monkey
Crazy idea here. You can try talking to your dispatch people and rearranging your ODL so that is set up in the order that you like to deliver it. Crazy, I know, but still worth a shot.

BROWN430

Telling them and having them actually setting up your dol are two different things. Then when they use a different plan with less routes, boy that really makes it easy. Everything gets screwed up.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
When do you guys think they will make us deliver EDD stop for stop? I don't think it too far away. 2 years tops? I just can't wait my self. I wont be blamed for running miles. I just want to get done. Go home
I have never been told that I have to follow trace and I never have follow trace 100%. Been on EDD for over 3 years, but I once heard a sup complement a driver who ran a 95% trace.

BROWN430

They used to post what we ran. That lasted about a month after we got pas. Then the big pickup compl. hit. That was the new topic.

johnoutdoors

We've had EDD for 7ish years. The only time I had anyone gripe about trace was during an OJS. I told them I didn't set it up so they couldn't give me any crap about it. They told me to reloop it and I haven't heard anything about trace other than compliments in over two years.

browniehound

A sup. or manager worth their salt is not going to tell you to run EDD 100%. Where did you get this idea? Even if you're DOL was the best in the country, it can't be run 100%. Simply for the fact that not all stops get a parcel everyday. I'm assuming you set DOL in the logical sequence in which every stop gets something.

I've seen some really good DOL's. For example, sticking 24 First St. between 15 and 17 Third Ave. because 24 First St's front door is actually on Third Ave. If you heading down Third Ave, might as well knock off 24 First and avoid having to go down First entirely.

I've also seen some real bad DOL's. In my center we get crap for running trace under 80%. Just fix you're DOL and run the trace. Its only going to help you in the long run. It means less sorting and more efficency.

1080Driver

Trace????? Whats trace?????? 17 yrs on the same route I think I have a better idea of how to run it than a computer "thinks" I should or how a pre-load sup who hasn't pulled a load since we've had Diads "thinks" I should.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A sup. or manager worth their salt is not going to tell you to run EDD 100%. Where did you get this idea? Even if you're DOL was the best in the country, it can't be run 100%. Simply for the fact that not all stops get a parcel everyday. I'm assuming you set DOL in the logical sequence in which every stop gets something.

Uh, if the stop does not have a pkg it would not be in EDD and therefore would not affect trace.

NHDRVR

quick story..

A cover driver with a LOT of seniority was on a junk run a few years ago and this particular guy doesn't go through his truck or his EDD prior to hitting the road. He followed his trace as it was set up and ended up with a crap load of missed since the commercial stuff was in his 8000. I only bring this up because he was brought into the office the next day and it was probably the shortest visit of his career. We are PCM'd about following trace. My only issue with it is that now that we are cutting runs and laying off drivers my area has expanded and the trace went out the window.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

340 methods say to follow edd.

Which would make sense if the DOL was properly set up. Blindly following EDD when the route can be delivered more efficiently by not doing so is counterproductive.

For those members here who do not have EDD/PAS yet, please take the time to properly set up your DOL if and when you do get it. The time invested upfront will pay huge dividends down the road. Mine is about 98% where it should be.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In my center they couldn’t care about trace sometimes my first stop in edd is my last stop delivered and its impossible to get a sup to fix it, every time I ask my sup it fix edd, he acts like I'm being a pain in the butt, for asking him to fix it, so now I don’t ask. If they did fix it would last long with rte cuts, it seem once they add work to your rte, it never goes back to normal.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Uh, if the stop does not have a pkg it would not be in EDD and therefore would not affect trace.

Thats exactly his point. The trace is set up assuming every address got a package. Obviously that is not the case, so it will affact trace when they do not. for instace you have streets A,B,C,D,E trace would have you run up and down each street like every address has a package. Say you only have a package on A,C,D the way you run trace may be different than it is listed in your EDD for the very reason that you do not have packages for every stop.