How much money can you make off sales leads?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Years ago we got points that equated to dollars that was then put on a American Express card that had the UPS logo on it. I had one account that netted me over a thousand dollars. However that was over 15 yrs ago. From what I understand they have done away with that all together. UPS really approaches the sales area in a lack luster way. They also have started using a third party sales agency to work leads. In the old days we knew our BD guy by name, now a days who the heck knows who they are.

hyena

When I was a coverage driver I put in a sales lead to a business that fixed Fedx trucks. I never heard anything till a couple months later. Oms informed me I got it , I tried to find out my points on upsers and they were expired

I got two sales leads that ship every day for UPS and i didnt get credit for either of them. One person initially said no to my sales lead and then a week later changed their mind. But since they initially said no i didn't get credit. Which is BS since it was only a few days later they changed their mind.

The second one i cant remember if i filled out the full card or just gave the sales lead people the number and that's it. The reason i even turned in the leads in the first place is the customers were bugging me by trying to ship too much stuff. I didn't even know you could make money off sales leads at the time. I was just doing it to get them to stop bugging me..

Either way, they both ship daily from UPS now. I'm not gonna bother pursuing the situation i'm just wondering if i should be upset about it. And what do you actually make off them? Is there a breakdown anywhere?
Usually your knees & back will just be more sore. Couple that with more Aleve and more wear and tear on the kidneys & the liver.

barnyard

KTM rider
I loved it when points were put on an Amex card. When we went to Mexico, we used the points to buy pesos and that was our spending money for the trip. I have had points on 2 or 3 cards expire now, so I do not turn in leads. No point.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You may not make money but you can make some headaches for yourself with extra pickups, especially if you are trying to cut the overtime. With all the time commits they are shoving at us now, and ORION, add to that- late starts, the last thing anybody wants is more pickups.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My rule of thumb on sales leads is if the customer approaches me, I'll turn it in. I have had my route for 20 years and that vein is played out. 90% who ship small packages ships with me.

Future

Victory Ride
This going back many years....but i got a nice hunk of change 400-500 ....on one simple lead....it was nice.....like JOE boo dog said alot has dried up....i still look...but really dont see anything

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I have made just over $2K total through the Sales Leads program.

The points system on upsers is misleading at best. As I recall, you get 3 pts for NDA/Intl, 2 pts for 2DA, and 1 for everything else.

I submitted a lead a couple years ago. The guy shipped 5-10 pkgs per day, all of them NDA and 2 day. When the dust finally settled, I received a whopping $2 reward.

No one in BD could explain why I got so little or even how the points are awarded.

The points system on upsers is misleading at best. As I recall, you get 3 pts for NDA/Intl, 2 pts for 2DA, and 1 for everything else.

I submitted a lead a couple years ago. The guy shipped 5-10 pkgs per day, all of them NDA and 2 day. When the dust finally settled, I received a whopping $2 reward.

No one in BD could explain why I got so little or even how the points are awarded.
It's no longer worth it.

Notretiredyet

That was the excuse they used here, if it was such a big problem why wasn't it addressed? Not once was I asked as steward to represent someone accused of padding time with DM.