how much of your contract have you read?

City Driver

i read the whole contract, not counting the insane amount of pages dedicated to drug testing, and skipping over parts that didnt apply to me (info about part time casuals)

just curious

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I tend to refer to the contract on an as-needed basis. For example, I normally work the non-operational days (day after Thanksgiving and New Years Eve) and invariably someone asks if we get straight time or time and a half so I refer to the contract for that. I had an issue regarding vacation time not being paid in a timely manner so I referred to the contract when filing my grievance. I referred to the contract to see what my rights were when my father passed away and I referred to it when I served on jury duty. Other than that, no, I have not nor will I read it cover to cover. I'll just come here for contract advice.

It does appear that UPS went above and beyond to CYA in regard to drug testing as that appears to be the bulk of the contract.

Big Babooba

i read the whole contract, not counting the insane amount of pages dedicated to drug testing, and skipping over parts that didnt apply to me (info about part time casuals)

just curious
If they tried to replace you with a part time casual, would it apply to you then?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have read the contracts many times, the 97 contract, the 2002 contract and now the 2008 contract. It takes time to adjust to the changes form contract to contract and the best way to do it is to read it.

Article 35 is confusing and takes up alot of the contract. This is the largest article by far and should be read by everyone that has a drink or two and then gets behind the wheel of a car. I can assure you that if every driver knew what they had to go through if the got a DUI the amount of drivers getting DUI's would go down.

Any new steward I recommend reading articles 4, 7, 22 (which covers part timers/22.3s), 37, 44 and 54 for starters.

jimstud

Banned
[

Any new steward I recommend reading articles 4, 7, 22 (which covers part timers/22.3s), 37, 44 and 54 for starters.[/QUOTE]
as a steward i would say that everybody should read the whole contract you would be amazed what a little knowledge can do for you

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The supplement I read thoroughly many times, aside from the feeder language.

The national I read most of it thoroughly enough times and have a good understanding, maybe 85-90%.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I've read it cover to cover several times and still just thumb through it on a regular basis. I tend to quiz myself on it. I'll pick it up and open it to a random page and see if I know what that article is about.

M

Mike23

I read the part about no harassment and such...oh, wait, that's a federal law and UPS just doesn't care anyways.