How much or what would it take,for you to go into management?

AndUPSER

The pt sups tend to hook up with women pretty easy. Then the women find out they're part time and usually avoid them unless they're in college. So I guess that's a positive.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-09-21-20-31-08--360052566.jpeg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
As much as I hate to say it, but with the crap that package drivers are going through and will be in the future if they do get some good people to turn to the dark side it may be good. At least they'll have some people who have actually done the job for more than a weekend. Maybe just maybe the new people may turn out better.
It aint going to matter. You could be the smartest person in the world, have the biggest heart, and be a REAL TRUE LEADER, at the end of the day your not going to be given the resources to be suscessful and your going to be a puppet to idiots who are puppets also, that don't have any idea of whats really going on, on the front line. AKA ATLANTA.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
An on car sup is probably the worse job there is...they should have stayed drivers....back in the day they use to wear suits,now they're always in browns"Glorified Drivers"

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What does an on car make?

Depending on some factors (years with the company, I think is one) I had one making ~70, one around 80, and one (who was an on road for MANY years making a bit above 90. Everybody treats you like crap and hates you, and if called in, you HAVE to go.

Screw that, As a driver you can work enough OT to get intot he mid 80's easily, and over 100 if you work enough hours in Feeder, and file a few grievances for some extra ca$h

JackStraw

Depending on some factors (years with the company, I think is one) I had one making ~70, one around 80, and one (who was an on road for MANY years making a bit above 90. Everybody treats you like crap and hates you, and if called in, you HAVE to go.

Screw that, As a driver you can work enough OT to get intot he mid 80's easily, and over 100 if you work enough hours in Feeder, and file a few grievances for some extra ca$h
Yeah eff that. I've seen them come in on their days off, vacation. And you you get a micro managing center manager......eff that.

browntroll

i would like 100k a month, lets be honest i know i wouldnt last a year talking the way i do to my pt sups to a manager.
with the option of a psychologist everyday to make sure my conscience is still there.
a priest to make sure my soul is still there, and an option to back to union job if i get fired.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have a management degree and have been offered supervisor four times.
Even if the job wasn't absolutely the most frustrating conflicting stressful job in the company, you have zero job security, pisspoor benefits, you pay for your benefits, constant givebacks and the list goes on. Our compensation package as a top rate full time driver is more than an on-car after you factor in what they pay for medical premiums and out of pocket costs.

At any time they can be let go. At any time they can chop their pay, retirement contribution and benefits. At any time they can relocate and/or re-assign them.

The pros of less time on the road, sometimes getting out of work at a reasonable time and being "a boss" (where you have very little actual discretionary power) is overshadowed by the cons.

You would have to be a fool to give up a seniority driving slot right now to go management.