How much or what would it take,for you to go into management?

undies

Same pay and benefits I make now, guarantee not to move me out of my current building, ever. Count me in, I can "act" the part if it means saving my body another 15 years of hardship.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a management degree and have been offered supervisor four times.
Even if the job wasn't absolutely the most frustrating conflicting stressful job in the company, you have zero job security, pisspoor benefits, you pay for your benefits, constant givebacks and the list goes on. Our compensation package as a top rate full time driver is more than an on-car after you factor in what they pay for medical premiums and out of pocket costs.

At any time they can be let go. At any time they can chop their pay, retirement contribution and benefits. At any time they can relocate and/or re-assign them.

The pros of less time on the road, sometimes getting out of work at a reasonable time and being "a boss" (where you have very little actual discretionary power) is overshadowed by the cons.

You would have to be a fool to give up a seniority driving slot right now to go management.
Yes that's big issue. ...getting transferred....OC's and center manager's get transferred all the time. So now on top of it all....enjoy your new 90min commute to work!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My center manager comes up to me...hands me 4 or 5 pages of
Add/cuts and here...and says here, stop what you're doing (loading) and get these done now. She turns to walk away...and I respond....but wait...it's not 9am yet! lol.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
As much as I hate to say it, but with the crap that package drivers are going through and will be in the future if they do get some good people to turn to the dark side it may be good. At least they'll have some people who have actually done the job for more than a weekend. Maybe just maybe the new people may turn out better.

Rather piss glass!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Sure are a lot of you talking about promotion...come on over...not so sure anymore its great being on that package car everyday huh.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If I was offered a tenure position of 100k a year, full benefits, and without the possibility of being forced to move I would consider it.

clean hairy

To get me to go into Management it would take:
500k (after taxes signing bonus.)
250k 1st year salary. Raise of 200k per year. (due and payable in full Jan 1st of each year, with no guarantee I will stay the entire year, an no proration if say I left after 6 months.
100k first year end bonus, each year it goes up 50k.
20,000 shares of stock per year, with no minimum time before it can be sold.
Bonus goes up by 100k per year.
(all amounts are take home after taxes)
12 weeks vacation first year. 30 personal days per year.
Workweek is 30 hours max, days and hours worked each of my choosing. Phone is off and no pestering me except for working hours. Each violation is a 50k fine.
No transfers, no working Holidays.
If they were to meet all of the above, I COULD be interested in speaking to them about it, but it would cost them $1,000 per minute to consider the switch. (after all, time is money!)

Cementups

Box Monkey
To get me to go into Management it would take:
500k (after taxes signing bonus.)
250k 1st year salary. Raise of 200k per year. (due and payable in full Jan 1st of each year, with no guarantee I will stay the entire year, an no proration if say I left after 6 months.
100k first year end bonus, each year it goes up 50k.
20,000 shares of stock per year, with no minimum time before it can be sold.
Bonus goes up by 100k per year.
(all amounts are take home after taxes)
12 weeks vacation first year. 30 personal days per year.
Workweek is 30 hours max, days and hours worked each of my choosing. Phone is off and no pestering me except for working hours. Each violation is a 50k fine.
No transfers, no working Holidays.
If they were to meet all of the above, I COULD be interested in speaking to them about it, but it would cost them $1,000 per minute to consider the switch. (after all, time is money!)

That's not management. That's corporate.