How much vacation time based on years?

Notretiredyet

We max out at 7 weeks which is bs as far as I'm concerned. Many of us who started at UPS early in life have to work 35yrs or more before we can retire with med benefits at 55. That means I don't earn additional vacation for my last 10 yrs of service. Been asking for the last few contracts for this to be changed in our area but it always gets shot down in negotiations.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I got hired I got a piece of paper that said 2 weeks vacation after one year, and 3 weeks vacation after 2 years. Whats the amount of vacation time you get based on years after those? Do you get 4 weeks after 3 years? or how does it work? And what is the cap or top off? Is it like 8 weeks? Thanks.
Yeah....I know vacation varies by local and region,....but 3 weeks vacation for a PTer after 2 years?? I think you might've read it wrong....that doesn't sound right.

AndUPSER

Yeah....I know vacation varies by local and region,....but 3 weeks vacation for a PTer after 2 years?? I think you might've read it wrong....that doesn't sound right.

That would be right where I'm at. 1 week vacation and 1 option week after the 1st year. 2nd year is 2 weeks vacation, 1 option week and 2 option days.

broketone1987

In Northern California, I think we top out at 9 or 10 weeks. I have 8 weeks as I approach 27 years of service next month, FT package driver since 1991.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited: