How much walking do you do?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Very true, but sticking to it's the hard part. It's real easy to join a gym...but dragging yourself there twice a week takes determination...lol. Few summers ago, they hired this new guy...he was easily 350 lbs..had him loading trucks. He lasted maybe 2 hours...lol
Two times a week isn't gonna do much for u.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
... and you're in the Concrete Jungle / Imagine what some of us super rural guys do
When I cover a super rural route I do less walking. Those routes have 500s and I drive up almost every driveway. I do most of my walking when I do a route that starts commercial then finishes rural because you can't take a 1200 up most driveways.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe a real expensive one would be accurate but my experience with cheaper pedometers is that they aren't accurate at all. Just the normal bouncing around in a package car would add up as steps. Try wearing one for an exact measured mile while walking and see what it comes up with.

Z

ZQXC

When I cover a super rural route I do less walking. Those routes have 500s and I drive up almost every driveway. I do most of my walking when I do a route that starts commercial then finishes rural because you can't take a 1200 up most driveways.

My super rural is in an Iron Maiden 800 / There are overgrown lanes with a tunnel that exactly matches my truck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Dude your not fat by a long shot. We have guys in our center pushing 350lbs easy.
efcbc7390620908e0d19cf41c056171665ec41f77c38c8e92386e27b01fb9fbd-1.jpg

BrownTexas

I counted steps one time while doing nothing but apartment complexes. Climbed the equivalent of the Empire State Building 1.5 times.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'm a big guy and weight has always been a lifelong problem with me. It always cracks me up when slim people say "all you need to lose weight is....." If it were only that easy. That is like a non -smoker telling a smoker how easy it is to quit.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm a big guy and weight has always been a lifelong problem with me. It always cracks me up when slim people say "all you need to lose weight is....." If it were only that easy. That is like a non -smoker telling a smoker how easy it is to quit.

I somewhat disagree. I too am a big guy but it can really be that easy. It's all about how bad you want it. Saying it's not that easy is just an excuse. A few years ago when I was 270 I said no more. Hit the treadmill and the gym and lost 45 pounds (in 3 months) and eventually ran a Tough Mudder my first half marathon. So yeah, "all you need to lose weight is...." a little desire and determination.