How much will UPS save over the life of the TA?

browned out

Some bean counter out there has to know the numbers. Lets hear em. I am sure there are projected numbers; as UPS is kinda smart when it comes to saving $. What has UPS told the major share holders?

In the Central States UPS will be able to use drivers at $16.10 throughout the entire 5 years and use Seasonals for over 6 1/2 months every year. This will surely improve the bottom line. Overtime will be drastically reduced.

Part timers will be working full time hours and only receiving part time pensions, vacations and other benefits. Single vacation day drivers can work over 900 hours as drivers at 16.10 and work 901 hours part time for a total of 1801 hours. They still will receive part time benefits.

How come the Single Vacation Day Driver jobs are not classified Full-time combo jobs??

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Some bean counter out there has to know the numbers. Lets hear em. I am sure there are projected numbers; as UPS is kinda smart when it comes to saving $. What has UPS told the major share holders?

In the Central States UPS will be able to use drivers at $16.10 throughout the entire 5 years and use Seasonals for over 6 1/2 months every year. This will surely improve the bottom line. Overtime will be drastically reduced.

Part timers will be working full time hours and only receiving part time pensions, vacations and other benefits. Single vacation day drivers can work over 900 hours as drivers at 16.10 and work 901 hours part time for a total of 1801 hours. They still will receive part time benefits.

How come the Single Vacation Day Driver jobs are not classified Full-time combo jobs??
My center has not been able to get one person to sign up for single vacation day coverage. Guess it must not be worth the hassle or the cash.

Friggin' love that avatar. "We ate ribs with that dude."
Dude I'm from Cleveland he's related to me some how?
image.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My center has not been able to get one person to sign up for single vacation day coverage. Guess it must not be worth the hassle or the cash.

Same here. We complain about not being able to use our single vacation days but we can't get anyone to sign up for single day coverage. It doesn't help that the sign up is only once per year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well this is obviously a guess but ill bet ups doubles their profit over the life of the contract. Which would put them around 8 billion a year in the final year. All while we get 15-17% increase over the life of the contract.

They will save a good amount.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

This is really an unanswerable question as phrased.

UPS will be paying out a whole lot more over the current contract so in that respect, UPS will be losing.
By getting rid of the unknown in Healthcare cost, UPS may lose or UPS may save over what it would have been.
UPS is paying out a lot in this contract to get rid of the Healthcare.
This will be good for UPS Stock prices ... Wall Street does not like Long-term debt like Healthcare and pensions for retirees.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well this is obviously a guess but ill bet ups doubles their profit over the life of the contract. Which would put them around 8 billion a year in the final year. All while we get 15-17% increase over the life of the contract.

It's a fine balance. Want to get as much as you can while working, but as a share holder and shortly after this new contract ends, a retiree, I need the company to remain strong and profitable.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I'd be interested in seeing how you came up with that.
If UPS revenue doubles and the profit doubles, there is no increase.
If the above happens it will be because of two things:
1) Increased revenue due to volume and pricing that is handled by US based Union employees.
​This means there will be an increase in Union paid wages commensurable with that increase.
2) Increased revenue due to volume, pricing and services provide by non-US based Union employees in the Logistics and International operations.

US based Union employees wages and other compensation should be based on that portion of revenue handled by US based Union employees.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Same here. We complain about not being able to use our single vacation days but we can't get anyone to sign up for single day coverage. It doesn't help that the sign up is only once per year.
Under the proposed TA we will be able to break up two weeks vacation into single days. They will be able to deny us twice as much. Was hoping for some better language in this contract to solve the problem.

bordomzero

I'd be interested in seeing how you came up with that. If UPS revenue doubles and the profit doubles, there is no increase. If the above happens it will be because of two things: 1) Increased revenue due to volume and pricing that is handled by US based Union employees. ​This means there will be an increase in Union paid wages commensurable with that increase. 2) Increased revenue due to volume, pricing and services provide by non-US based Union employees in the Logistics and International operations. US based Union employees wages and other compensation should be based on that portion of revenue handled by US based Union employees. ​
Get The friend out you low paid scab. Your are being paid by the cents per post. Now go save for your retirement and feed your kids because you cant afford to.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Get The friend out you low paid scab. Your are being paid by the cents per post. Now go save for your retirement and feed your kids because you cant afford to.

One kid and she is 39.
Cheryl tripled my pay during this period and I honor my commitments.
I already saved for my retirement but I do photography work on the side.

I am shooting a beach theme wedding tomorrow in sandals, no socks, shorts and a beach shirt.
​That's a good job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'd be interested in seeing how you came up with that.
If UPS revenue doubles and the profit doubles, there is no increase.
If the above happens it will be because of two things:
1) Increased revenue due to volume and pricing that is handled by US based Union employees.
​This means there will be an increase in Union paid wages commensurable with that increase.
2) Increased revenue due to volume, pricing and services provide by non-US based Union employees in the Logistics and International operations.

US based Union employees wages and other compensation should be based on that portion of revenue handled by US based Union employees.

I will admit this is something I struggle with when comparing profits to our compensation.

As ups becomes more and more of a global power how much of that profit is coming from us and how much is coming from cheaper over seas labor.

RealPerson

Under the proposed TA we will be able to break up two weeks vacation into single days. They will be able to deny us twice as much. Was hoping for some better language in this contract to solve the problem.

Under My Local the hours paid per day for each is going DOWN one hour.. That has to suck for Full Time under Central Region.

"
Single vacation days will be paid at
nine (9)

ten (10)
hours per day. Any days not used will be
paid off at the end of the year."

RealPerson

Just the Split raises saves Millions.
$.40 per Hour Per Employee for 6 Months..... For the 4 year alone.

kingOFchester

By getting rid of the unknown in Healthcare cost,

And the union will be picking up the "unknown in healthcare cost.

UPS is paying out a lot in this contract to get rid of the Healthcare.

And this is why I am so concerned. Why would UPS be so willing to pay out a lot to get rid of the Healthcare??

This will be good for UPS Stock prices ... Wall Street does not like Long-term debt like Healthcare and pensions for retirees.

And this is why I am voting no. We have to ask why Wall Street (the economic minds that analyze numbers and profit for a living) doesn't like Long-term debt, but the Union is embracing it with open arms.

Everyone, remember this post in the years down the road if this contract goes through. It is VERY short sighted to vote yes for a specific monetary figure increase, all the while absorbing an unknown cost.

In the end, someone will be left holding the bag.

Last edited: