How much will UPS save over the life of the TA?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Under My Local the hours paid per day for each is going DOWN one hour.. That has to suck for Full Time under Central Region.

"
Single vacation days will be paid at
nine (9)

ten (10)
hours per day. Any days not used will be
paid off at the end of the year."

You are not losing an hour.

If you want to split a week or to of vacation into single days....

They will be "regular" vacation weeks.... Not your option week.

Regular vacation weeks are paid at 45 hours. The option week is paid at 50 hours.

Simple math.

​-Bug-

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just the Split raises saves Millions.
$.40 per Hour Per Employee for 6 Months..... For the 4 year alone.

If the raises were not split then the raise for the year would be less.

This is actually a Teamster plan to get the "Base wages" higher at the end of each year and at the end of the contract.
I am surprised that UPS continues to agree to split raises because it raises the Base Wage Rate.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Healthcare and cost:
Cadillac and AHCA

This is the limits: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010) imposes an annual excise tax on plans with premiums exceeding $10,200 for individuals or $27,500 for a family (not including vision and dental benefits) starting in 2018.[SUP][4][/SUP]

The Teamsters were able to get an exemption for Unions.
The cost for UPS to provide an individual healthcare insurance is $9592 and $19,184 for a family.
This is getting close to meeting the limits for an individual.

Another reason for UPS to let the Teamsters assume the provider role since the Union is exempt.

RealPerson

If the raises were not split then the raise for the year would be less.

This is actually a Teamster plan to get the "Base wages" higher at the end of each year and at the end of the contract.
I am surprised that UPS continues to agree to split raises because it raises the Base Wage Rate.

My first 2 contracts were not spilt...
You have spoken like TRUE UPS LEADERSHIP... Who do you work for???

RealPerson

You are not losing an hour.

If you want to split a week or to of vacation into single days....

They will be "regular" vacation weeks.... Not your option week.

Regular vacation weeks are paid at 45 hours. The option week is paid at 50 hours.

Simple math.

​-Bug-

No I am not, I am part time.
BUT, It did not copy and paste correctly. But YES they are losing an Hour of pay from old contract.
From what I ready they were paid 10 hours a day, and now only 9.. I understand the Math, but why did it USE to say 10???

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No I am not, I am part time.
BUT, It did not copy and paste correctly. But YES they are losing an Hour of pay from old contract.
From what I ready they were paid 10 hours a day, and now only 9.. I understand the Math, but why did it USE to say 10???
Under the current contract, if we break up a week of vacation into single vacation days it must be our option week which is paid at 50 hours in my local. 50hrs/5days comes out to 10 hours/day.
Under the current TA we would be able to break up 2 weeks into single days. Those vacations are only paid at 45 hours/week whether you break them up or not.
45hrs/5days comes out to 9 hours/day. Hence the change.
​Understand the math now?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Uh.... No you don't.

​-Bug-

Under the current contract, if we break up a week of vacation into single vacation days it must be our option week which is paid at 50 hours in my local. 50hrs/5days comes out to 10 hours/day.
Under the current TA we would be able to break up 2 weeks into single days. Those vacations are only paid at 45 hours/week whether you break them up or not.

I'm not sure he is a real person.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Do you think this language is because nobody can get a damn day off??? So many guys here are getting bumped on opt days and not getting their 8 hour days that they just had to call in sick. Not that I really care about company staffing issues but if you have a center with over 100 drivers and each one can use 10 vacation days as single days ALONG with optional days and 8 hour days....that's going to be a nightmare...