How much you load? and how many missloads?

Cyrex

Today I did 5 trucks, 1st had 188, 2nd had I 264, 3rd had 294, 4th hard 260, and the 5th had 444 so shy of 1500. The middle 3 trucks I keept up with but the outer two I would fall behind often and some times just have 30 or so packages sitting out. Started at 3:50 and got done around 8:50

Now here is UPS logic
I am still in my 30 days did 9 day loading and two days unloading First 4 days was on 4 trucks, then after that another 4 trucks, then unload for two days. After that the sup tried to let me go for misloads and being to slow. Contacted HR and they got me the job back becaues they felt throwing me in like that and expecting me to be at the top was unjust.
They brought me back on the 4 trucks I started on and was to start back up again on a Friday but people called in sick so I worked from Wednesday to Friday. I did not hear anything about misloads that whole time from them.

This week after 3 days back they moved me to 4 trucks on the far end and then 5 the next day and 5 today but I don't know if I will stay there I am covering a guy on vacation. On Tuesday I come in and they said I had 4 misloads so what do they do instead of moving back to lighter cars, scan,or unload they give me 5 cars and more packages. Yesterday and today my center manager would come in check my package cars and never found a misload. I think he is starting to think they came from drivers when they load them or the sup when they come in my package car and try to help out.

On a side note the sups we have never worked preload or did but less then a week becaues they was so bad one was offered a sup spot.
From my understanding they never let anyone go there for misloads or being to slow (the slow part I hear you are not to get in trouble for) until they gave the sup this job,this sup is the worse they had tries to let people go left and right and does the job badly.

Another thing is they hired a new guy one week before me and he did unload the whole time and now he is scaning. I, on the other hand have been loading package cars all but two days. They hired 3 more people after me and they get to unload and they are going slower then I was.

Almost all the driver we have never worked preload they all did nights but that was news to me today.

Kush

2 trucks and a bulk truck.....mall trailer average 4 close to 5 hundred...bulk car maybe 300 or less..other package car is 500...I always feel im moving to slow but I guess im not I never get help as the people that been there longer does...its rare I get misloads..the most I ever had in a day was 4.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Slow down. They'll keep giving you more tasks.... this will also keep u from getting as many miss loads.

The reason you got in trouble was because the miss loads, and not because you're going too slow. They hate miss loads because it's a service failure, and management gets chewed out by customers as well as their bosses

If you haven't earned your seniority - then it doesn't matter if they are working other guys with a later hire date.

Kush

I know two people that use to have at least 10 a day...one is a driver now and the other well he just stop coming in because they never really worked him.. the one that quit was still in probation

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But tomorrow is a new day. A misload tomorrow and you are instantly dirt. Its "what have you done lately" every day.
Dilligaf? lol i average about 2 misloads a week...usually SPA errors or part of an add/cut I missed. I gave up having to prove anything to those ball lappers. I do my job well...they can pick a cheek...I'll bend over!

Cyrex

That is why my center manager coming around before my truck leaves and looks at every package and marking them to see if they was coming from me or not.

In that first days I was there I had 9 come from a truck I was not even in much and the whole facility had over 30 in one day. There is 6 loaders and 2 of them are shorting and loading So, I was not the only one doing bad that day. Other then that some days I would get 0-2 misloads. First 3 days back, one day I had 2 and I said that was imposable becaues when loaded I made sure all day I had none. Monday I had 4 misloads the last 2 days I did not.

center manager told me I was doing a good job and he was marking them so he could prove they came from me or not to save my job. Everyday I had misloads I was not the only one going in and out of the trucks.

Cyrex

Slow down. They'll keep giving you more tasks.... this will also keep u from getting as many miss loads.

The reason you got in trouble was because the miss loads, and not because you're going too slow. They hate miss loads because it's a service failure, and management gets chewed out by customers as well as their bosses

If you haven't earned your seniority - then it doesn't matter if they are working other guys with a later hire date.

After I came back she said I moved you to unload becaues of the misloads and at unload you was going to slow so she removed me. Typically they run two unloaders either one in each trailer or two in one trailer. Well the days she ran me it was just me in there and the belt still stopped a lot and I was told I am going to slow.
After the guy right before me got his seniority they moved him to scan and gave the new guys unload.

Why did they just not move me to unload after that happened and the new guys on package car loading. I can get in trouble for misloads, stacking boxs making a cluster on the belt or the the trucks becaues I can not keep up but they don't get in trouble for misscans (happens a lot) or unloading to slow.

What might happen is I will be let go becaues of this mean while they are not being given the same task I have to deal with. The one guy that has been there for 15 years is saying I am get dumped on for some reason and not treated as equal to most new hires.

BigBeef42

Whenever they have a small problem with a worker they'll move them from the load to the unload, or vice versa. They want to see if there are any changes, good or bad, that occur while the worker is gone.

Every day is different so they can't blame the worker. What they're doing is checking to see if anything drastically changes once the worker is gone - such as The frequency of misloads going up or down, damages, poor load quality, etc. - and if anything does drastically change, then they blame the worker.

But they'll still give you grief about it.. as if you did do something wrong.

Every day is going to be different and every supervisor has ***** up expectations.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited by a moderator:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We have a guy who has been moved all over the belt. No matter where he's at, misloads and belt stoppages follow. He had been moved to unload for a while, but just last week was put back loading trucks and generally sucking and having a terrible attitude. On top of all this, he can't seem to memorize his DOKs.
I overheard him saying, "I don't understand why they won't just leave me in one spot." Gee, I wonder why...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
After I came back she said I moved you to unload becaues of the misloads and at unload you was going to slow so she removed me. Typically they run two unloaders either one in each trailer or two in one trailer. Well the days she ran me it was just me in there and the belt still stopped a lot and I was told I am going to slow.
After the guy right before me got his seniority they moved him to scan and gave the new guys unload.

Why did they just not move me to unload after that happened and the new guys on package car loading. I can get in trouble for misloads, stacking boxs making a cluster on the belt or the the trucks becaues I can not keep up but they don't get in trouble for misscans (happens a lot) or unloading to slow.

What might happen is I will be let go becaues of this mean while they are not being given the same task I have to deal with. The one guy that has been there for 15 years is saying I am get dumped on for some reason and not treated as equal to most new hires.
Sups probably don't think you're gonna last....they try to weed them out early.