How Nervous does your senior look now that GPS is activated?

vantexan

No offense is intended, but what the hell are you talking about now? Is it another "This one time, I had an experience of some sort, so therefore all of the existing empirical data must be flawed" thing that you're so fond of?
Just giving a example, not painting with the broad brush you do. Show me bad couriers and most likely there's a bad mgr involved.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know ours has been sweating like a Memphis dishwasher the last week or so.
I think its fun watching them try to figure out what to do when their golden children(aka hand picked falsifiers)are too scared to now run their lunches or scan that 50 p1 stop 10 minutes away.

Ricky: "Lucy, you have some 'splaining to do". This is going to be pretty fun. If you think about it, they will have a tough time stomping out the flaming bag of dog :censored2: OR will they just try and bury it?

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Two things. One is that they have an unexplained abrupt change in their productivity that coincides with the announcement of the activation. The other is the revelation that it was activated in this area a few days before employees were told.

That's why they would be nervous.
Then management can call the police and have them track down those ruthless paycheck thieves you want apprehended so badly.

Cactus

No offense is intended, but what the hell are you talking about now? Is it another "This one time, I had an experience of some sort, so therefore all of the existing empirical data must be flawed" thing that you're so fond of?
Typical Memphis mentality. Let's confuse the issue with a bunch mud thrown in the water. Van made himself very clear and in predictable fashion from the Memphis Mind Academy, Sir Shill Dano tries to insult our intelligence once again with his worthless babble about all these couriers not doing their jobs and managers being prime examples of stand-up bosses.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Typical Memphis mentality. Let's confuse the issue with a bunch mud thrown in the water. Van made himself very clear and in predictable fashion from the Memphis Mind Academy, Sir Shill Dano tries to insult our intelligence once again with his worthless babble about all these couriers not doing their jobs and managers being prime examples of stand-up bosses.

According to Dano, very few couriers ever falsify, and even fewer work through lunch. In other words, nobody will be worried what GPS will show is really happening in the field.

Memphis might finally get a clue when the numbers drop like a rock on certain routes.

whenIgetthere

We had a courier send out a message that the GPS will 'mark' you location every 10 minutes. I sent back a message saying 'So what'. My guess is he's a nervous. EXACTLY what the GPS will do will be found out soon. As I said in another thread, I don't give a crap if it's on or not. Maybe a nicer route will open up for me :eek:. Might be time for a change.

It registers your location every minute, and functions of PU and Delivery.

vantexan

It does beg the question, what empirical data are you privy to? After all, you're just a courier, right? And when have I said anything of the sort anyways? I've heard in numerous locations mgrs saying we would top out in 7-8 years. What empirical data does that dispute? Anything else I've said that disputes empirical data? Or is it your job to discredit and marginalize those of us who might be close to the truth? You'll say anything to keep FedEx looking like our benevolent benefactor.

fedex_rtd

I love that they said it won't effect battery life, it's funny I was at 10% by 4 today
Make sure you send dispatch a message when your battery gets low like that to CYA.

If your battery dies on you, just remember it is against company policy to use a personal cell phone for company business. Cover Your...well you know.

Cactus

Make sure you send dispatch a message when your battery gets low like that to CYA.

If your battery dies on you, just remember it is against company policy to use a personal cell phone for company business. Cover Your...well you know.
And yet there's no shortage of lazy managers who'll try to contact you on your cell phone instead of sending a message out on your powerpad.