Boxmaker

One of my buddies

Attachments

• 1424788438434.jpg
    1424788438434.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 841

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I dismantled my box when I retired. I had the CB (a JFK, upper and lower bands) I ran with several guys a few years ago, and we all had the same kind of radios. If we wanted a little privacy, we would go to a pre-determined side band to converse. The last couple of years I never turned the cb on. Most everyone has cellphones now. A lot of drivers converse that way. I'd sometimes use the cb to find out why traffic wasn't moving or something on 19, but too much traffic and BS on that channel usually. All the drivers in our hub ran on channel 17. Every hub's drivers had their own channel. I think Mesquite used 28 or sometimes 40. Our yard control channel was channel 5. The last 4 or 5 years, I added XM radio to my box, and my international had it's own speakers, so I tapped into those to listen to my tunes. The 6X9's in the tractor were so much better than the smaller speakers I had in my box.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Who needs a radio box anymore? JBL makes a nice portable blue tooth speaker that you can play your ipod, mp3 or pandora radio with. Its what I use.

JBL-charge1.jpg