How often does your truck get washed

Scuba Steve

I remember the days that the PC's were regularly audited. Even the painted on silver trim rings needed repainting. Now you cant even see them. UPS use to pride themselves on the appearance of drivers, PC's and Airplanes. Now all look like crap. Do they still have shoe shine stations in the centers?

ChrisTheBrown

I honestly don't know the last time mine was washed..But I just gave her a quick spray job tonight, cuz I was sick of looking at a filthy truck & No one else is gonna do it. Thing is a pile of junk, but I've grown to love her a little.

okeydoke

Need duct tape?
At our center the local sort does not get much wash time as the article 22 insiders are given that time...UPS prides themselves in making money and caring less about service and appearance (just my opinion)...our trucks get washed every two weeks

Brown Down

Only gets washed when its below freezing. Had 3 trucks loaded outside that needed the doors torched to open them this morning.

Packmule

30 years ago I was a car washer and we washed every car every night. Liked having a job but always thought it was a bit foolish. Nowadays my car gets washed maybe once a month. Everytime I open the back door on my newer 800, I get a face full of dirt. Disgusting! And requires that the driver daily clean off the rear lights.
Not the proud company Jim Casey started!

Anthonysg0113

30 years ago I was a car washer and we washed every car every night. Liked having a job but always thought it was a bit foolish. Nowadays my car gets washed maybe once a month. Everytime I open the back door on my newer 800, I get a face full of dirt. Disgusting! And requires that the driver daily clean off the rear lights.
Not the proud company Jim Casey started!
Nope its not the company Casey started. Sad to say. My P12 gets washed maybe once a month, but its not that time isn't allowed, it's just people don't want to do it. We are a small center, we don't have a drive through car wash.

wayfair

swollen member
My car wash guy, Eddie, does a fantastic job of keeping my PC clean. If there is a bit more I want him to do, he's okay with it, no big deal... again, we're talking a 250+ driver center over the small centers. If the weather permits them to do it, it gets done.
We are allowed 10 clicks to fuel and wash our vehicles coded to the appropriate codes for work. Someones got to do it!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Our center has time allowed for car wash, but it's used to pad the local sort time. Texting and playing Angry birds takes time, you know.

special brownie

I wish there was a way to clean the back shelves of the trucks that get so dirty every box you touch turns your hands black. Its pretty embarrassing to hand a customer a box or worse a white bag package that is completely filthy.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Mine might get washed twice a year, and that's only when my mechanic has it in back at the shop. Maybe our so-called Car Wash will wipe half of it off then. Its embarrassing to drive. But I need my hair cut and shoes shined to look good!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wish there was a way to clean the back shelves of the trucks that get so dirty every box you touch turns your hands black. Its pretty embarrassing to hand a customer a box or worse a white bag package that is completely filthy.
Ask them to clean out the back as well. When our rural trucks get bad we have the car washers take the hose and boom to the back and wash it all out. Good as new. Just make sure you tell your preloader in case the washers do a half ass job. We've had some preloaders just shrug and put boxes on a soaked floor.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Oh there's a way.....but the shareholders would be devastated.

wayfair

swollen member
Had a stop before I got back in the city, where the guy had a shop and didn't mind me using his air compressor to blow out the back of the truck... very imbarrassing delivering a package covered in red dirt...