How old were you when you retired?

balland chain

Get while the getting is good. This new contract will be a bad one. With us having to pay for insurance, and from what I am being told, if the central states plan goes belly up, UPS will no longer pay the difference. Persons who retire before July will be grandfathered into the existing language that UPS will make up the difference if CS goes under.

reydluap

Get while the getting is good. This new contract will be a bad one. With us having to pay for insurance, and from what I am being told, if the central states plan goes belly up, UPS will no longer pay the difference. Persons who retire before July will be grandfathered into the existing language that UPS will make up the difference if CS goes under.

ball' I pointed this topic out to you in another thread. Go read your contract book, you are already screwed......

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f71/what-you-guys-hearing-about-pension-held-central-states-348738/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mostly, my point was for those with significant others and there is no guarantee you will be spending the so-called golden years with them. Plan away......but wrenches do get thrown into the works and that's what I was pointing that out.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
55 years and 3 months. Only reason I waited the extra 3 months was to wait for my next round of vacation and walked away with almost 8 weeks of pay. Actually used my personal holiday to finish out my last week.

S

serenity now

i let you know; i'm over 60 and still driving every day

of course i just read where your body starts to fail at 40, and no one could/should work more than 4 years PT (13 here) so i gotta tell you, i'm a little worried

beentheredonethat

The way things are going for mgmt, and for rumors (that usually come true) re changes to our pension. ALso, add in the college costs for my kids, which I personally feel I should be responsible for and pay. I figure I'll be working to 65.