How Organized is your email?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I try it every day.....they just keep comming...i have thrown in the towel. 133 emails everyday.

I average over 300 a day.
Use Rules to auto file in a folder those e-mails that are broadcast, those that are from people that you never wind up doing anything with.

You can even make your boss and upwards appear in red.

Auto delete is not a very good way to manage so I have those that I need to quickly access put in a folder and name in something that makes sense. I go though these quickly without opening the e-mail and delete 5 or so at a time.

I send requests to people to stop sending me e-mails and if they do not do it, I set a rule up to auto-delete their e-mails into my exchange Deleted file.

By approaching e-mails this way, I probably do not have to deal with more than 25 or so a day or 7% of the e-mails sent to me.

I took the position long ago that people sending me e-mails did not have the right to expect me to answer them back (other than my boss).

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
How about the people (jack a_ _ es) that call you up immediatley after hitting the send button and say" did you get my e-mai ? l" They should have a blow up sender button in outlook LOL

DS

Fenderbender
I average over 300 a day.
That freaks me out man,300 emails from ups and most of them are from who?
Do you have to decide what's important and file the rest away in some unnamed folder
just to cover your up@ss in case you get asked,who told you to do this?
The politics surrounding being ups management are so volatile,that any contempt higher rank
could either demote you or just reduce you to poo to insure you will never amount to anything.
I know you are far removed from operations now Hoke ,and you are better off there.
I actually feel sorry for the sups that are often told to do the impossible.
I'm glad I'm hourly,I don't approve of the current objectives.
Screw the shareholders:wink2:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I took the position long ago that people sending me e-mails did not have the right to expect me to answer them back (other than my boss).

Darn...I never realized I could just ignore all those pesky requests. What kind of response do you get when you need something from one of the people you choose to ignore?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Darn...I never realized I could just ignore all those pesky requests. What kind of response do you get when you need something from one of the people you choose to ignore?

I reply to the people I work with on a regular basis and old partners. I am in a position where people from all over ask me all kinds of questions ... they're the ones I blow off, especially if they are contractors or from India.