How prepared is your center for peak?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's going to be a friggen mess. Our building is already at capacity, we use PDC's and MDU's outside for normal volume and they're filled up now. We don't have enough of a belt system to allow for more PDC's/MDU's. So we're pretty squarely and roundly screwed. I fully expect to get $1G checks as a pter this year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Screenshot_2014-10-07-17-03-54.png
Apparently seaonal helpers are still only making $8/hr here. My question is in the wording of the 2nd to last paragraph before Section 7. PTers who double as helpers will be paid 12.75 with OT after 8hrs of work....does "work" include preload work? Or OT only after 8hrs of helper work?
I asked my steward...he didn't know.

laffter

Apparently seaonal helpers are still only making $8/hr here. My question is in the wording of the 2nd to last paragraph before Section 7. PTers who double as helpers will be paid 12.75 with OT after 8hrs of work....does "work" include preload work? Or OT only after 8hrs of helper work?

I'm sure we're in different regions, so maybe this isn't the same everywhere, but-

Here, as an inside employee working as a helper, OT starts after 8 hours worked during the whole day. However, only up to 5 hours from your preload (or whatever shift you work) counts toward the aforementioned 8.

For example:
If you work 7 hours in preload, your helper OT starts after 3 hours
(only 5 of those 7 hours count towards the 8 for OT to kick in)

If you work 4 hours in preload, your helper OT starts after 4 hours

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
hahaha I don't care. I won't get any closer than 15 miles from my old building.
Same here, I'm retired too. Hopefully living in Oregon by then so be at least 700 miles from my old building! Talked to an old UPS buddy today, he's been retired almost a year. We love to reminisce about the old days now!

watdaflock?

This is the new rumor I heard this AM from PTsup-

The plan is to hire 60 temp's before peak and everyone gets one truck to load.

If you believe this please stand on your head.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
View attachment 18006 Apparently seaonal helpers are still only making $8/hr here. My question is in the wording of the 2nd to last paragraph before Section 7. PTers who double as helpers will be paid 12.75 with OT after 8hrs of work....does "work" include preload work? Or OT only after 8hrs of helper work?
What kind of waterhead takes a temp job at 8 bucks an hour? Our off the street helpers made 12+ an hour last year.

jaker

trolling
This peak is going to be just like every other peak , they will slightly gear up for it then get surprised by the volume that comes in and then it goes to crap

At least this year they are admitting that peak does happen unlike all the other years