How prepared is your center for peak?

Z

ZQXC

We will have 6 or 7 drivers that have never experienced peak.....

Gonna be some
cherry-250x250.jpg

busting

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Personal vehicle?

Hope they aren't involved in an accident or pulled over for a vehicle inspection. Especially hauling hazmats or alcohol.
He used to be a driver but decided to work inside handling irregular s and was supposed to ride with me as a helper . He said lets try it with my car, no one said a word. It was the fastest way to help giving him a whole area every hour and a half till about 1 pm. I got to do my thing and he did his and that's when the stops were not quite close enough together to run at the same time. He probably ran about 70 stops in 3 hours . We had only one problem some were too big to shove in his Altima.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He used to be a driver but decided to work inside handling irregular s and was supposed to ride with me as a helper . He said lets try it with my car, no one said a word. It was the fastest way to help giving him a whole area every hour and a half till about 1 pm. I got to do my thing and he did his and that's when the stops were not quite close enough together to run at the same time. He probably ran about 70 stops in 3 hours . We had only one problem some were too big to shove in his Altima.

I did this one year with a helper. We used the loading dock at our local college as his staging area. I dumped 40-50 residential stops there which he then delivered. I would then dump more stops for him to run off. It worked out really well and I gave him $20/week for gas.

S

selfcancelsignal

Obviously some of these new guys,wont be able to handle peak. They should just use some of them,as a glorified helper.
Put 2 guys,that can use a DIAD ,in a truck for a full shift.

Then have somebody shuttle more packages out,in the rental trucks.
That would be nice, instead of just 3 or 4 hours. At least 1 of our vet. drivers has said friend--- it the last few years & used his (good) helper all day. Done early all peak. Definitely doesn't need the $. 2 DIAD 5's would be huge too. I barely know how to run that clunky heavy ginormous 4 with its alpha key & such. Had it just a few weeks when I went full time before switching to the 5 & was always fumble friend---in' around with it. Now not only do I not really no how to use it, but neither does the helper! Oh well, $ $ $.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I did this one year with a helper. We used the loading dock at our local college as his staging area. I dumped 40-50 residential stops there which he then delivered. I would then dump more stops for him to run off. It worked out really well and I gave him $20/week for gas.
Its faster, more effective, and relieves you from giving directions all day which is mentally draining.